PDA

View Full Version : Adjoining rooms at Values.

Rella
04-06-2008, 11:02 PM
We are a family of 5 and considered trying to put everyone in one ASMu room. (Our youngest isn't even 2 yet, so she can do the crib.) but we are going for 10 nights and I know that if we're all packed into one room, we'll be exhausted and miserable. SO, I want to get two adjoining rooms. It seems to be thecheapest option, unless I'm missing something? The family suites are $180's for the value season and two rooms at ASMu are $160's.

My questions: Do they guarantee the adjoining rooms if you're putting children in the other room? And does anyone have any idea how readily available these are? We are going at the end of September, do I have to worry about not getting them? (We already have a package reserved, but will be adding the second room.)

Thanks a bunch:mickey:

shellyc
04-06-2008, 11:10 PM
I think you would want connecting rooms, not adjoining. Adjoining is just in the same area, with no connecting door.
You can request connecting rooms with a door between, and they must note on the reservation the second room is for children.
Good luck.

Tink2002
04-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Shellyc is right, you'll want to request "connecting" instead of "adjoining." We were under the impression on our first trip that they were one and the same but it caused a little confusion upono check-in.

Young@Heart
04-07-2008, 12:00 AM
I think you would want connecting rooms, not adjoining. Adjoining is just in the same area, with no connecting door.
You can request connecting rooms with a door between, and they must note on the reservation the second room is for children.
Good luck.

We booked 2 connecting rooms at POP for Aug, but were told we needed at least one adult on the reservation for each room. We can, of course, sleep in any configuration we choose, but for booking, since they need the names and ages of each person in the room, we couldn't list the children in their own room.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
04-07-2008, 07:46 AM
Yes, very important to request the connecting rooms and we are also a family of five and both times I requested connecting rooms at the ASS we recieved them.

The two rooms will give you the amenity of spreading out, two bathrooms and extra space to move around. It's a good idea.

TheMartellFamily
04-07-2008, 09:41 AM
We had connecting rooms at POP last time we were there. There were two families and we could have the door open between the two so we always had two bathrooms available. It worked great.

momof3+twins
04-07-2008, 04:31 PM
I am getting two rooms. I was told that connecting rooms are guaranteed for families and it even states it on my emailed reservation confirmation that Disney sent.
But, can I suggest that you save your money we have had two trips with three kids when the youngest was under two. We stayed in an All Star room for 9 nights with no problem. The kids including the baby did not have much interest in being in the room. There is just too much to do at Disney. So, we napped and slept there, that was it. The only problem with being cramped would just be all the stuff that we had. Besides that, one room would be plenty. I would be happy staying in one room at the All Star with all five of my kids ( two are still under 2) but, the three oldest are over the age that disney allows in the room. Meaning that the 3 oldest obviously need beds.
Forgot to meniton that we also eat breakfast in the room and it still worked fine.

pandkx3
04-08-2008, 12:06 PM
We were at pop last june and had connecting rooms without problem. The extra room (and bathroom!) was great. We have 3 boys (14, 10, 8) and needed to "spread out" at the end of a long day.:thumbsup:

magicofdisney
04-09-2008, 05:32 AM
Because of our family dynamics, we haven't been eligible for a single room in over 7 years. While one room is obviously cheaper, two rooms is so nice to have at the end of the day. We always put the kids in the other room. They love that and we get a TV to ourselves. BTW, we've NEVER had a problem getting connecting rooms at a value resort. There are plenty of them and several times my reservations said it was guaranteed because we're a family and we have more small children than adults. :)

Rella
04-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Thanks for everyone's opinions! Having the extra space really does sound wonderful. Now, does anyone know if it's possible to book a connecting room for only part of your stay? We're thinking of trying to tough it out for the first couple of days in order to save a couple hundred dollars...:blush:

magicofdisney
04-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Thanks for everyone's opinions! Having the extra space really does sound wonderful. Now, does anyone know if it's possible to book a connecting room for only part of your stay? We're thinking of trying to tough it out for the first couple of days in order to save a couple hundred dollars...:blush:
I'm sure this is possible. You might need to switch rooms at some point to accommodate this request, but I can't imagine it would be a problem. May I suggest you use one room at the beginning of your stay and end with two rooms. Have fun!