PDA

View Full Version : LeCellier Menu Change

wdwnomad
04-06-2008, 10:28 PM
I saw on another site that LeCellier changed their menu. I saw a picture of the new menu too. No longer on it is the Filet with Maple BBQ sauce. The choloclate moose is gone too.

I am really going to miss those two things.

jszczur5
04-07-2008, 01:24 AM
This doesn't sound like too much of a problem to me, as there are so many other delicious things on the menu.

brewcrew26
04-07-2008, 10:38 AM
No chocolate moose!? I was soooo looking forward to trying that in a week! :(

prprincess
04-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Oh man! I finally got ressies there for our 5th wedding anniversary, and I was really looking forward to trying that Moose!!

SurferStitch
04-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Nooooo!! I'll miss the moose!!

They'll always have filet, so we'll see what sauce they put on it now, but the moose....I just discovered that a couple years ago, and I love it.

I'll still ask for it. Even when other WDW restaurants have removed things from their menu (citrus french toast at GF Cafe comes to mind), I've still been able to order it. We'll see if that holds true for the moose. :thedolls:

branvy
04-07-2008, 11:12 AM
For the record, I also read the thread this person is referring to, and there is NO evidence that the chocolate moose is gone. People are assuming that based upon some photos a person took of the outdoors posted lunch and dinner menus at Le Cellier. However, a number of people on that same thread are also advising that the chocolate moose doesn't normally appear on those menu's anyway...it can be found on the children's menu, which is not posted outdoors and therefore a photo was not taken of it.

Additionally, a person reported that they recently dined there and were able to get the chocolate moose.

Hope the possibility that it still exists makes some of you happy.

alaMode
04-07-2008, 03:28 PM
and it was yummy!
Tess

Gator
04-07-2008, 07:32 PM
First, the beaver tails. Now, the moose. Sounds like anything with an animal name is off the menu.

terri110874
04-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Was there in the end of Feb, I did not see filet with maple sauce. I did get the chocolate moose. It was sooo good

Jared
04-08-2008, 12:32 PM
For the record, I also read the thread this person is referring to, and there is NO evidence that the chocolate moose is gone. People are assuming that based upon some photos a person took of the outdoors posted lunch and dinner menus at Le Cellier. However, a number of people on that same thread are also advising that the chocolate moose doesn't normally appear on those menu's anyway...it can be found on the children's menu, which is not posted outdoors and therefore a photo was not taken of it.
I thought the moose dessert was usually on the children's menu, so there is still hope. I'd be surprised if it was removed because it's still one of the most popular items on the menu. I'm sure someone eating at Le Cellier Steakhouse soon will report back with good news.

DisneyDudet
04-09-2008, 01:31 AM
I read this thread as well, and I, too, am disappointed. The maple filet was what I wanted! I am thinking twice about making my ADRs for this restaurant. Since I am going in Sept, I may not get the day/time anyway, so I will have a back up.

It has been told on that site that they DO NOT have any of the maple BBQ sauce in house, so asking for it is not an option. Although, the cream cheese potatoes can be subsituted for dinner ONLY, at least that is what people report.

The chocolate moose was on the children's menu from someone's report, so that is safe, for now.

I am so very sad! I wonder if people ask for it enough, we'll see it return...

wdwnomad
04-09-2008, 11:41 PM
I am so very sad! I wonder if people ask for it enough, we'll see it return...

I am going to ask about the maple bbq filet in September if it is not on the menu. I agree that maybe if enough people ask for it then will bring back. Otherwise, I probably go with the NY strip. This was always the one thing I always looked forward to eating and actually would plan my schedule around when I got my reservation.

I too am rethinking my plans for December. I was going to try for a Candlelight Processional Package there. This might just be the opportunity for me to try some place new.

Tink&Goofy
04-09-2008, 11:52 PM
We ate there a week and a half ago, and had the chocolate Mousse for dessert. It most definitely is still there.

As for the Maple filet, I don't know. I didn't really look at the menu, since I already knew I wanted the Mushroom Filet :blush:.