PDA

View Full Version : Which Resort

reeders4
04-06-2008, 09:43 PM
We are planning on visiting in September of 08 and I am considering staying at either POFQ,or Animal Kingdom Lodge. Which resort do you suggest and why?

RedSoxFan
04-06-2008, 09:48 PM
We stayed at both resorts and I pick AKL over POFQ. It's a wonderful resort. The lobby is beautiful. Queen size beds instead of doubles. No sharing of busses which is a big plus. Great restaurants on site. Having a view of the animals from your room; although we had pool view rooms. It's just a great resort and I would stay there again. And the gift shop is unique.

Laura670
04-06-2008, 09:53 PM
I have never beem to POFQ before but have been to AKL and my whole family loves it! The cast members are very friendly and my DD8 loved being able to see the animals every morning. The resort is a distance from the magic Kingdom if your traveling with young children but we always rent a car so nothing seems that far away. AKL is the only resort that does have it's own bus and is not shared with the other resorts if I remember correctly. There is such much that goes on in this resort you could spend your whole time there. I hope this helps!:mickey:

GrmGrninGost
04-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Given a choice, I will always take a deluxe over a moderate! Bring on AKL! :mickey:

svarhall07
04-07-2008, 12:50 AM
AKL is by far the best choice. It's one of my favorite resorts in all of WDW. I stayed in a savannah view suite that felt more like a Ritz Carlton. I've never personally stayed at PO, but my parent's did when I stayed at Pop Century. I visited there resort many times, and it wasn't anything too special. Basic ammenities, while AKL has amazing decor, the best views in all of WDW, amazing food, and fewer people getting on the buses and enjoying the pools. Why choose moderate over deluxe if you can afford it???

buzz2001
04-07-2008, 09:27 AM
Definitely AKL!!

Aggie97
04-07-2008, 01:46 PM
Definitely AKL... for the theming, atmosphere, dining options, transportation, rooms & bed size. :mickey:

pox24
04-07-2008, 02:50 PM
No contest... AKL:number1:

KineGirl
04-07-2008, 03:03 PM
AKL is such an amazing experience in and of itself! You have to try it if its an option for you! Ever see those commercials about giraffes and zebras right off your balcony - its all true! Not to mention Jiko - the only Diamond rated restaurant in WDW - is right there on property. The rooms have this great cozy feel. The gift shop is unique. There is authentic African art through out the resort including a huge beautiful mask in the lobby that is the only one outside of its home country. Its hands down my favorite resort