PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Star Wars Movie?

The Flying Dutchman
04-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Hey all. I've been caught up in watching the "new" star wars trilogy on tv this weekend and it got me thinking that there must be some sort of poll going on here at Intercot for everyone's favorite SW movie. However, after searching for said poll, I did not find one! So, of course, I decided to make one.

Here's the simple question that I submit to you all. Which is your favorite star wars movie?
Since I made the thread, I'll start it out. I am a huge fan of The Empire Strikes Back.
Your turn!
:yoda::darth:

Jeff
04-06-2008, 10:06 PM
I also like "The Empire Strikes Back" as the best. I just like the whole movie, the look, the "feel" of it, the music, and the surprises.

I like Jedi too and it might be my favorite if not for the Ewoks. Come on, even in the early 80's these guys could have been made to look more realistic. Instead we get people wearing carpets with visible zippers.

GrmGrninGost
04-06-2008, 11:14 PM
I've enjoyed them all! But for me, the first three were better than the last three. And, if I have to pick one, it has to be the original! It's hard to top a classic! :darth::chewy:

KylesMom
04-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Although Return of the Jedi is my favorite, Revenge of the Sith is growing on me. DS made me watch The Phantom Menace last night, and except for Darth Maul's presence, that movie is AWFUL - I had forgotten how bad it was!

Diznee4Me
04-07-2008, 11:12 AM
The Empire Strikes Back. :thumbsup:

:yoda: makes his first appearance = :cool:

PirateLover
04-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Empire Strikes Back is my fave, probably followed by A New Hope or Revenge of the Sith. I think Sith would be my fave if the acting was better. As for eps 1+2 I wouldn't care if I never saw them again.

Jeff G
04-07-2008, 12:19 PM
I went with Empire Strikes Back, I was 9 when it came out and it's the first movie I remember seeing in the theater. It was an awesome movie and a great memory.

Revenge of the Sith is a close 2nd for me. The movie was set up to fail and yet in my opinion exceeded my expectations. It followed a very weak Phantom Menace and a average Attack of the Clones which didn't bode well. It was was a movie that when it started I knew the outcome based on a New Hope which also left reservation. Yet I thought it was a great movie and wanted more. This is my DS's favorite and I would guess if I were in his generation I would agree.

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Revenge of the Sith
3. New Hope
4. Return of the Jedi
5. Attack of the Clones
6. Phantom Menace

GothMickey
04-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Empire Strikes Back is my favorite.

RAIDER
04-07-2008, 02:06 PM
A vote for the empire strikes back for me :thumbsup:

murphy1
04-07-2008, 02:42 PM
I like the first two, Empire and the first one, best too. I got to see some of the last movie last night (where Padme has the twins and Darth Vader is born) and the acting was not as good by a couple of them (I like Natalie Portman, but she was just not that good to me). I did like Obi Wan.

Disneypixie513
04-07-2008, 03:19 PM
I voted for Revenge of the Sith..Even though it is really sad. :(
But that was really hard to pick one. I'm a huge Star Wars fan/geek. I love all the movies..Even the newer ones. :thumbsup:

The Flying Dutchman
04-07-2008, 06:12 PM
wow, this is really interesting. I am surprised that (as of now at least) return of the jedi and revenge of the sith are tied. Personally, while both movies had their positives (opening scene in Jedi and emergence of Vader in Sith) and negatives (Ewoks and acting), I honestly thought that Revenge of the Sith was the better movie.

Also, can I just say that I hated that they put in Hayden Christensen as Anakin in the digitally remastered release of the DVDs at the end of Jedi.

PirateLover
04-07-2008, 11:20 PM
I got to see some of the last movie last night (where Padme has the twins and Darth Vader is born)
"She has lost the will to live"- ugh, gag me with a spoon! I have seen Natalie Portman and Hayden Christiansan in other movies and they are spectacular, but I think that Ewan McGreggor and Palpatine are the only two who didn't sleepwalk their way through the entire prequel trilogy (besides the droids of course;))

wendy*darling
04-08-2008, 09:58 AM
I like Jedi too and it might be my favorite if not for the Ewoks. Come on, even in the early 80's these guys could have been made to look more realistic. Instead we get people wearing carpets with visible zippers.
:ewok:I happen to love those carpets with visible zippers! :ewok:
When my boys were little they loved the Ewoks. Still do! ;)

I love all 3 of the original movies (Parts IV- VI). I was working in a movie theater at college when the first Star Wars movie- A New Hope- came out. I saw it countless times- sitting in the back of that single screen theater. I fell in love with the movie.

Although I must admit- Empire Strikes Back is my favorite. :yoda:

Davyjones
04-08-2008, 12:45 PM
I had to vote for "Return of the Jedi'". I like how it ties everything up. I like how Vader comes back from the Dark side and shows that he truly is the chosen one by bringing balance back to the force. I also feel it has a proper mixture of drama and acting.

I don't feel that Epi. 1 was that bad. It is if you compare to the rest of the series, but taken by itself, it is a good movie. The problem with it was that the movie was used as a story builder and didn't have enough to balance it out. And Jar-Jar was the other problem...

LarryBoy
04-09-2008, 03:31 PM
As far as I'm concerned, you can't beat the original Star Wars. To me that's Star Wars, the one that started it all, and I still call it Star Wars, not A New Hope. I love all the movies, especially the original trilogy, but Star Wars (a new hope) will always have a special place in my heart.:chewy:

Mickey91
04-09-2008, 11:43 PM
I have always liked Return of the Jedi best!:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
04-10-2008, 12:01 AM
As far as I'm concerned, you can't beat the original Star Wars. To me that's Star Wars, the one that started it all, and I still call it Star Wars, not A New Hope. I love all the movies, especially the original trilogy, but Star Wars (a new hope) will always have a special place in my heart.:chewy:

I agree with you 100%. I do love when Anakin becomes Darth Vader though:thumbsup:

RocknRoller94
04-10-2008, 10:16 PM
My favorite is "Return of the Jedi". I love seeing the Millenium Falcon defeat the Death Star. However, it would have been better if Han Solo had been in command.:mickey:

Crystal Palace
04-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Return of the Jedi!!

ibrowse17
04-15-2008, 10:32 PM
Another vote for Empire, though Revenge of the Sith has climbed up my list.:thumbsup: