PDA

View Full Version : A Magical Disney Gathering Trip Report! Day 7

mickey&missy
04-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Day 7, Friday, March 14th

DH’s 33rd birthday!!

Thursday night/Friday morning proved pretty sleepless for me. The baby was not at all happy and fussed the whole night. My poor baby boy definitely didn’t feel well!

DH and FIL got up and snuck out of the room pretty quietly to head for the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. I woke up as they left. Unfortunately the baby decided now was the time he was actually going to sleep. Oh well, I was able to pack to leave the next day while the boys slept. Poor DD was stuck in the room with me, MIL and her two sick brothers. But she made the best of it and made us very proud! She never complained or whined once!

The boys slept together (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2712391670098269115TydWJj?vhost=good-times&vhost=good-times)in one of the beds for quite awhile. The both surfaced a bit and feel back to sleep at separate times. I knew from seeing both of awake and feeling their burning hot foreheads they needed to see a doctor.

With the other members of the family having been sick earlier in the week MIL had spoken to the concierge about our opinions for medical care. I knew I could either take them to the walk-in clinic or call the doctor service MIL gotten the number of. If DH hadn’t been on the Keys to the Kingdom I probably would have taken them to the clinic but I wasn’t comfortable taking the 2 of them by myself and I wasn’t going to drag DD and MIL with me. So I called the service. One of the doctors called me back within 2 minutes of the page and I spoke to him for about 10 minutes. He explained to me how the service worked, the cost, etc. I told him to send someone out. It was about 11 when I got off the phone with him and the doctor who was sent knocked on the door about 11:45!! I was impressed!

I answered questions about both boys medical histories and illness. He examined DS5 first because he was awake. His fever was 103.1!!! After a thorough exam the dr. determined that DS had bronchitis! UGH! He gave DS Motrin and told me to alternate the Tylenol I had been giving him and Motrin until the fever went away and he told me the exact amount it give him for his weight. He also gave DS his first dose of Zithromax. Next he examined the baby. His fever was 102.3! After the exam he determined that the baby had an ear infection in his right ear!! UGH again! He gave me the same info on the Tylenol and Motrin, gave him Motrin and his first dose of Amoxicillin.

The doctor was wonderful! He spent almost 2 hours with us! I felt like I had been to medical school after he left! It was worth the money, especially because I’ll get it back from the vacation insurance. He told me he’d call the Rx for both boys in as soon as he left and the pharmacy should delivery it within 2 hours. He also told me that since they had had their first doses and 1 dose of Tylenol (I gave them earlier in the morning) and the dose of Motrin he had given them not to be surprised if they perked up and were ready to go again in a few hours.

As he was leaving DH and FIL got back from the tour. They loved it, DH thinks he’s cool now that he has all this Disney knowledge! I took the opportunity to go get lunch with DD, SIL and BIL at Gasparilla’s. I had a delicious Italian Sandwich on some sort of herb bread. It was so yummy and hit the spot!! Then it was back to the room.

DH, DD, SIL and BIL decided to take out Sea Racers. They had a blast! They saw the boat from MK to WL beached somewhere over by the Contemporary!! He said all sorts of Boston Whalers were racing to the scene to get it unstuck! They didn’t see how it happened but DH figured they had gone to far to that side to let another boat pass. They came back with a story that’s for sure!

By the time they got back it was time for us to think about our dinner plans. We were supposed to go to DTD to Fulton’s Crabhouse for DH’s birthday. MIL and I had discussed a bunch of other options incase the boys couldn’t go out. But the dr. was right, the boys had perked up! DS5 was ready to go, he wanted out of the room! The baby was his old happy self again, laughing and smiling. In fact neither one of them showed one sign of beginning sick again!! That dr. must have been magic!!

So we all headed to DTD. I needed to printout our boarding passes for the next days flight home. I wanted to be at guest services at 5:25, the time of our flight home. But we didn’t get to DTD until about 5:50. I sent the rest of the family to Fulton’s to check-in for our 6 pm ressie and I went to guest services for the boarding passes. I was a bit concerned about the time. I knew DH, the kids and I would be able to board between A and B matter what but I was a little worried for MIL and FIL. Somehow we got A boarding!! Yippee!!

I very quickly walked over to Fulton’s.I bet the rest of the family there. They must have taken the LOOONNNGGG way around, LOL! We were seated on the top deck and had a great staff of waiters etc. The food was phenomenal! DH had Narragansett Lobster. It was already taken out of the shell with breading and seasoning. He loved it! I had a lobster tail and crab legs. They were so tender and juicy!! It makes my mouth water to even think about it! I can’t remember what MIL and FIL had but they loved it as well. The waiter brought DH a chocolate cake with fudge over the top for his birthday. That was delicious as well!

After our wonderful meal it was time for DS’s much anticipated and much saved for trip to the Lego Store!! He was very excited! He picked out a few Star Wars Lego sets and we had them shipped home.

Then we went over to World of Disney! I did the rest of my souvenir shopping. I had all of that shipped as well. I had already packed and there was no way I was getting it in my bags.

After our shopping trip it was time to head back to GF for bed. We got to our room about 9:30 and went straight to sleep with the intention of getting up early and heading to MK for some final fun before we had to head home!

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-06-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm so sorry that your boys were sick, what a horrible way to spend time on a Disney vacation! :ill:

I'm glad to hear that the doctor worked out so well, and that you still got some fun in.:mickey:

pdrlkr
04-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Sorry about your boys! :(

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-06-2008, 08:39 PM
I'm so glad the kids were feeling better so quickly. We've had a sick one and went to the walkin clinic and they helped very quickly too!

pink
04-07-2008, 05:00 AM
I'm that glad that doctor had the "magic" touch. That would have been a shame to be stuck in your room on your last night! :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
04-07-2008, 03:09 PM
I have enjoyed all of your reports!!:mickey:

faline
04-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Glad your boys are feelings better! You even got to celebrate your husband's birthday all together! :party:

tinkerbell04
04-08-2008, 02:44 PM
I am glad that the kids perked up and were able to make it to dinner. I also used that doctor service once with my DD for an ear infection and I totally agree, it was super! :mickey:

wdwgrl377
04-08-2008, 03:37 PM
That is so awesome that a DR. came that quickly! I'm sorry the boys weren't feeling well, but at least the medicines helped and they both perked up for your DH's dinner!

Your reports have been fantastic and I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your trip reports!Your children are just precious!! :D

KylesMom
04-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Wow - the situation could have been so much worse if not for that doctor. Unreal that one DS had bronchitis, and the other an ear infection - ugh!

I'm so glad that you all were able to enjoy your last evening at Disney - and that DS was up to shopping at the Lego Store!! I didn't realize that they, too would ship your purchases home. I must remember that! :thumbsup:

DizNee143
04-09-2008, 01:30 PM
aww..the poor little boys..that is awesome you got such great help from the on call doctor..and that your sons were back to there normal selves so soon...sounds like a great dinner and some good shopping afterwards!! :mickey: