PDA

View Full Version : Strollers

SEllis
04-06-2008, 03:09 PM
:mickey::mickey:
Ok - I don't want to scare anyone, but I want to share an experience with some families in regards to strollers.

My family and I have been to Disney at least 6 times in the last 10 years, and this only happened to us once.

While we were visiting the Animal kingdom, we had one of our strollers stolen. We had bought it brand new (about $100) for the vacation. The old beat up green one was left for us. We had a 3 year old and a 9 month old with us. We parked it in the designated area we were told to, and went in to see a show. Upon exiting, we had no stroller. We thought maybe someone took the wrong red stroller, but no, all other strollers were spoken for and we searched and searched. We contacted WDW security who were as helpful as they could be. They did say that some individuals purchase admission tickets with the intention of stealing for the day. They know it and do their best to prevent it, but anyone who has been to a park knows how easily theft can happen. So hold on to your belongings when parking a stroller (purchases, cameras, etc) and beware of potential thefts.
One disapointment with this situation (besides the obvious)was the the park wouldn't even provide us a stroller or discount for a stroller after ours was stollen.

I hope this is helpful - don't let it put a damper on your vacation - just open your eyes and be aware. WDW is so magical!!!:mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-06-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm so sorry that happened to you. I've heard that they have given others free rental for the time they were there.
Or maybe they think that people are just claiming that their strollers were stolen so that they would get free rentals. Please don't think I'm directing that at you. I'm just saying that there are people out there who are always looking for angles.
I had posted in another thread about putting a bike lock onto the wheels. Just something to keep in mind for next time.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
04-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Can you tell me what kind of a bike lock.. and how you fasten it to the wheels? We are bringing a new stroller this year... it is a sit/stand one...and I certainly do not want it to be stolen!

Belle1217
04-06-2008, 09:00 PM
That is a great idea and one that I would never have thought about. Thanks for the tip:mickey:

aurora, ariel, and bell
04-06-2008, 10:27 PM
I didn't think they allow locks, as the cm's have to move the strollers:confused:

Tigerinvestigator
04-07-2008, 11:08 AM
On March 7, 2004 we had our stroller taken in Epcot. We weren't really worried about the stroller even though it was fairly expensive, but we had our DD's birthday card and photo she had just got from the Princess breakfast. She also had several other small things we had bought for her on her birthday. A wonderful castmember at Living Seas helped us and later sent a stuffed Nemo to our resort with a card that said "don't feel bad about the Living Seas because you lost your card there". She also notified Guest Services and we were told to check with City Hall at MK later that night and they would try to get her a new card. When we walked into City Hall at closing, all of the cast members sang happy birthday and then a wonderful castmember took her back to the back room and they gave her a ton of princess stuff (we priced the package at over $100) and gave her a card signed by all of the princesses and a hand written note from Cinderella in scroll form. When we got back to our room we had a balloon and autographed photo of Belle and beast on her bed. Talk about making up for the lost stroller! I wrote a letter to the WD Company thanking the many castmembers. Three years later I got a letter from the lady at the Living Seas saying she had retired and still remembered my DD and wanted her to have a Cast Member Thank you pin which she received from Weiss. My DD treasures that pin to this day!:thumbsup: