PDA

View Full Version : Solo trip advice/tips, please!

WishingStar2006
04-06-2008, 02:33 PM
This topic may be someplace else on Intercot but I can't find it.

I am planning my first solo trip to WDW for this September . Both of my sons are off to college:bolt: and I couldn't coax them into a trip this summer :sad:(they are kinda disney'd out) but I still need my fix so I'm going to go solo.:joy:

Any advice, pointers, tips, must do's, must not do's from other's who have gone solo would be appreciated.:help:

Thanks in advance!

scootch713
04-06-2008, 02:44 PM
I would just take my time and stop and smell the roses... you know, look for things you haven't seen before, taste new things, try something you have don't before on previous trips. I always say I wish I could have a day in MK without my kids sometime, but I know they day will come too soon and I will be wishing they were there with me. Enjoy!

mickeys_princess_mom
04-06-2008, 03:07 PM
O..K....Sounds like you need me to come with you. What time does my flight leave (sigh)? I'll just have to take off some more time from school.....
(Seriously--I would have some reservations for the stuff you really want to do, and then just happily wander with a big smile on my face.
But I'd be missing my DD, cause she's my Disney buddy.)

BronxTigger
04-06-2008, 03:09 PM
I went psuedo-solo in August 2007. A friend of mine was a CM at the time and we met up for about 1/2 the trip, but the other half of the time I was on my own.

The beauty of solo trips are you can do what you want, when you want. Pick the resort that you want to stay at. Chances are, you may spend time enjoying the resort so consider staying at a moderate or deluxe. Possibly take a tour - I took the Mickey's Magical Milestones tour and enjoyed it.

Don't feel funny about eating at TS places by yourself. Everybody is too busy worrying about what they have done and will do next to even notice that you're dining alone.

Have fun!

disneydeb
04-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Have a great time! You'll be able to get into the single riders line. Begin conversations with nice people! Everyone wantsto meet people, right? You can shop as much as you would like! Have a terrific time.

Beast_fanatic
04-06-2008, 10:26 PM
If you do feel uncomfortable dining alone, you can always take a small journal with you to take notes in for your trip reports, or you can use any time while you're waiting to look at park maps, or just people watch.

Don't be afraid to talk to others like in line, etc. I find I'm much more apt to strike up a conversation at Disney World than elsewhere, and you can sometimes have very interesting conversations like this.

Also, take a look at the Meets forum and see if other INTERCOTees will be there at the same time as you (or start a thread if you don't find one). You might even find someone to spend some time in the parks with, or at least someone to share stories with.