PDA

View Full Version : Yak and Yeti

elmjimmlm
04-06-2008, 12:01 PM
We are considering this on our upcoming trip...I havent seen many reviews on it and wondering how it is...:eat::thanks:

#1donaldfan
04-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Not a review but a great anticipation in going this upcoming trip....:mickey:

DawsonAR
04-06-2008, 03:34 PM
We will be there on our up coming trip (2 weeks from today!!!) I would love to hear how it is before we get there. I will write a review when we return. :mickey:

Jared
04-06-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm eating there in May, and I'll be back with a full review.

:tasty:

Pirate & Princess Mom
04-06-2008, 04:14 PM
We ate at the Counter Service side in November and loved it!!! DS & DD had the kids meal with the egg roll, carrot sticks and applesauce. I ordered a side of the fried rice and the egg rolls and it was plenty for lunch. I don't remember what everyone else in our group ordered, but it all received rave reviews.

All the seating for Counter Service is outdoors with large umbrellas for shade. We sat on the far right side of the seating area and people watched during lunch. It was fun to see all of the soaking wet people who had just gotten off of KRR. :thumbsup:

grego77
04-06-2008, 04:53 PM
I enjoyed it. I went the first week it opened, and ate at the table service restaurant with only a 20 or so minute wait. The Mahi Mahi was delicious and the wonton soup was AWESOME! The wok-fried green beans, however, were not as good as I thought they would be. I didn't have a dessert, but the tables around me all seemed REALLY happy with theirs.

My server was great, and the atmosphere was so cool. An 8/10 for me.

Enjoy! :mickey:

dizneeat
04-06-2008, 05:20 PM
We ate there in December 07 and it was just wonderful! We loved everything. There is a review and photos of the food on my homepage if you want to have a look. (WDW Dec 07)

SurferStitch
04-06-2008, 07:23 PM
DH and I ate there in December, and we loved it. Can't wait to go back in May!

The wok fried green beans were so delicious. I will definitely be getting them as an appetizer again! Our food was wonderful, as was the service. The food was far from basic Asian fare, and the atmosphere is too cool.

We had to wait about 40 minutes because they were only taking walkups then. I made sure to make an ADR for our May trip.

Friend of Figment
04-06-2008, 10:22 PM
I ate there twice right after they opened and again in December. I really enjoyed it. There presentation of the food was interesting. Everything was tasty. The service was good. I especially enjoyed the pot stickers and the steak and shrimp combination.

TheMartellFamily
04-06-2008, 10:29 PM
We have not been to WDW since it opened but we made ressies for our vacation in Aug and I am looking forward to eating there. It is something new and everything sounds so good.

busterthebronco
04-06-2008, 11:11 PM
we just ate there today and it was great!
much better than when we ate there the first week it opened.

Maleficent's Dad
04-06-2008, 11:18 PM
we just ate there today and it was great!
much better than when we ate there the first week it opened.
Buster,
I'll be down later this month, and then with a larger group in late August.

What did you eat here? What was good?
Anything you'd avoid???

We're really interested in this place and looking for reviews! :thumbsup:

katzctkpt
04-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Can't wait to try it. It sounds yummy.

biodtl
04-07-2008, 09:37 AM
I'm excited to try it, too. DS loves Asian food, so this was his top ADR pick.

I got my ADRs this morning, but I have to call back in a few days for Yak & Yeti, because apparently they don't do 180+ days like most other restaurants.

xipetotec
04-07-2008, 10:49 AM
Maybe my family is just spoiled by access to amazing Szechuan and Dim Sum ( Montreal has a fairly large "Chinatown" ), but I really found this place sub par. I was very dissapointed and would have much rather have gone to Nine Dragons instead.

ThanxForNoticin
04-07-2008, 12:21 PM
We ate there a couple weeks ago, and it was very good. The food and service were excellent - we will definitely go back on a future trip.