PDA

View Full Version : Long way off but sooo excited!!

sisterslovindisney
04-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Hi everyone. I haven't posted since probably 2004 which was my last trip to WDW. We are finally planning another trip but it won't happen until Jan. 2010. This time we are inviting about 10 other families to come at the same time. We don't know how many will be able to make it but we wanted to give everyone time to save money for the trip. We won't try to do everything together but will probably plan two or three dinners together (one for sure at Ohana's for my birthday). So I have a few questions:

Has anyone done a really big get-together at WDW? If so, Besides Ohana, what are some good places to eat where a group of 20-30 can be seated in close proximity? We will have kids ranging in age from 6 - 16.

Has anyone done a grand gathering event? If so, how was it?

Our last two trips we stayed at the Polynesian concierge level. We are thinking of staying at one of the other deluxes, possibly the GF but when I look at the concierge food at the GF it doesn't seem to be much compared to the Polynesian. We basically were able to eat every breakfast and dinner at the Polynesian concierge lounge but it looks like mostly cheese and crackers at dinnertime at the GF - is that right?

faline
04-06-2008, 04:30 PM
That is a large group. Depending on how many folks sign up to go, you might want to contact Disney's group sales department.

I would think the Hoop de Doo Revue would be a great place for a large group.

BluewaterBrad
04-07-2008, 02:47 PM
That is a long way out, but sounds like a blast!:mickey: