PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Terror

gnomelady
04-05-2008, 04:54 PM
My girlfriend and I ( in our 50's) will be going to Disney in a couple weeks.She has never been to Disney before and we want to ride as many rides as possible. I've been to Disney several times and rode the TOT. I like the ride just not the drop. When I rode TOT the option of not doing the drop was not an option.How does it work if you want to ride with no drop. Could someone explain? Is it worth going on without the drop?

thanks

KineGirl
04-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Im terrified of all things labelled "thrill" and have never ridden ToT! I totally wouldve had I known no drop was an option! Im curious to know the answer to your question as well.

disneylovinmom
04-05-2008, 05:26 PM
I've never heard of a no-drop option. I love the drops myself. I guess it is not for everybody, though. I'm sure someone will come along with more info for you.:thumbsup:

KAJUNKING
04-05-2008, 05:30 PM
no such thing as a no drop option, ive heard people suggest going through the pre show and then taking the last chance exit for people who do not want to take the drop, thats probably what your thinking of :mickey:

gnomelady
04-05-2008, 05:35 PM
You maybe right. Maybe I am thinking of the preshow. If you do the preshow does this mean you just won't enter the tower elevator itself? I have forgotten. Explain?
But I sure haven't forgotten my experience on Mission Mars, I was sick for hours.

KineGirl
04-05-2008, 05:35 PM
no such thing as a no drop option, ive heard people suggest going through the pre show and then taking the last chance exit for people who do not want to take the drop, thats probably what your thinking of :mickey:

That Ive heard of! Im always afraid tho they wont let me out in time or Ill miss it or SOMETHING!! Thanks for the answer

tadshome
04-05-2008, 05:40 PM
You maybe right. Maybe I am thinking of the preshow. If you do the preshow does this mean you just won't enter the tower elevator itself? I have forgotten. Explain?
But I sure haven't forgotten my experience on Mission Mars, I was sick for hours.

That is correct, if you tell the CM that you do not wish to ride the elevator they will direct you to the "chicken door" on the left of the elevators:thumbsup:

KineGirl
04-05-2008, 05:43 PM
That is correct, if you tell the CM that you do not wish to ride the elevator they will direct you to the "chicken door" on the left of the elevators:thumbsup:

so to see the preshow you dont have to get on an elevator? Whew! If theres no chance of being herded onto the elevator by a rowdy crowd I just might do that this trip LOL
TY
just call me chicken

pdrlkr
04-05-2008, 05:48 PM
I don't think that is an option.

#1donaldfan
04-05-2008, 06:22 PM
I don't think a no drop option is available.....

......my sister is the same way....we've told her a million times to do the pre-show then just "chicken" out and not get on the ride...she's afraid we'll throw her on, or she'll get on by accident......she is the big chicken of our group, but she makes us laugh.....

....she'll be readin' this soon, so I'll keep her chickeness to a minimum........:cool:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-05-2008, 07:11 PM
I've never heard of the no drop option. It's actually multiple random drops. On Mission Space though they do have the green team that is less spinning so maybe you could do that one.

PirateLover
04-05-2008, 09:23 PM
You can go through the line, watch the movie, go through the boiler room, and then not ride on the elevator. Don't worry about accidentally being herded on because the bellhops have to assign you to a row. You can just say you are not riding and you'll be directed to the alternate exit.:thumbsup:

aurora, ariel, and bell
04-05-2008, 09:49 PM
We have small children with us, can they go through the preshow and the adults can go on to the ride?

Duchess99
04-05-2008, 10:03 PM
We have small children with us, can they go through the preshow and the adults can go on to the ride?

Yes you can use the "parent swap" option. But young children might be frightened by the pre-show because of the darkness.

elmjimmlm
04-05-2008, 10:19 PM
I don't think a no drop option is available.....

......my sister is the same way....we've told her a million times to do the pre-show then just "chicken" out and not get on the ride...she's afraid we'll throw her on, or she'll get on by accident......she is the big chicken of our group, but she makes us laugh.....

....she'll be readin' this soon, so I'll keep her chickeness to a minimum........:cool:
Im sorry, who else was "chicken" last year?
I would like to ride it...Its good in theory but when I get there and see it in person, I just cant do it...I am however very good at holding everyones bags...

mouselover93
04-06-2008, 09:00 AM
i've never heard of the no drop option but i would think that there isnt one because then wahts the point of the ride without a drop

#1donaldfan
04-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Ok.....I did opt out last year with a scared child....but I was intending to do it.....(that ride does scare me)....:sick:

.....on a second note, when you opt out after the pre-show, don't they put you on an elevator????? isn't that what you get on for the ride???? at least those on the ride have a seat and seatbelt.......oooohhhhhoooohhhhhhh!!!!:thedolls:

katzctkpt
04-09-2008, 07:42 PM
A no drop?? The only thing I'd see as being a no drop would be the exit elevator. I don't see walking down 13 floors.

battle beast
04-10-2008, 11:46 AM
There is no "no-drop" ... it's ride or not... you can take the pre-show, but where is the fun in that? :mickey:

thrillme
04-10-2008, 12:35 PM
You walk through the pre-show and escape out the chicken exit in the boiler room. Once you are seated on the ride you WILL drop at the end.

I recommend riding everything. The drop isn't all that bad if you look at it like you'll get a terrific opportunity to look over the WORLD after the initial drop. It's kind of a nice reward.

(of course this is coming from a person who enjoys the initial drop because it's a SAFE "thrill")