PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast in Epcot?

llbmomof4
04-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Are there any other options for Breakfast in Epcot other than Akershus? We are planning our first trip to Disney World in Sept...we want to take advantage of early magic hours in Epcot and then have breakfast. We have planned Akershus for dinner that evening (early). Any advice is appreciated! We are a family of 6...4 kids under 10. Can't wait to hear what your recommendations are! Thanks so much.

DreamFinder2
04-05-2008, 12:22 PM
This is one of the only disappointing parts of my favorite park. Breakfast options at Epcot are really limited.

I believe Sunshine Seasons food court in The Land serves a limited breakfast menu. You can also find some great bakeries (CS, not TS) in World Showcase at France & Norway. The Electric Umbrella used to serve breakfast, but I think last summer they stopped serving it...and Fountainview Cafe used to have great pastries, but has also "closed".

Otherwise, there are a couple of great pastry/bakery spots at the Boardwalk...which is a 5 minute walk from the International Gateway entrance to Epcot. You could also check into restaurant options at the Beach/Yacht Club resort.

KathyMJ
04-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Since Beach Club is within walking distance, Cape May would be a great choice. They have a wonderful character breakfast buffet. If you don't feel like walking, you can take a short boat ride!

cckelly
04-05-2008, 04:56 PM
The Garden Grill used to serve breakfast....but I am unsure if they still do. It was YUMMY, too, and had Chip and Dale, Mickey and Minnie, I believe.

wendy*darling
04-05-2008, 05:21 PM
I think WDW really needs to rethink the breakfast options for Epcot.

The ONLY place in Future World that offers "some" breakfast items would be Seasons in the Land.
Electric Umbrella, Garden Grill and Fountainview no longer have breakfast.

Norway's Princess Storybook breakfast is the only TS option in Epcot for breakfast.
The other World Showcase countries with the great bakeries do not open until 11am.

We have stayed at the Epcot resorts many times, and so I know you can come in to Epcot before World Showcase opens. But can you leave through the International Gateway before 11am (say, to go the breakfast at Cape May) if you are not staying at one of those resorts? I am not sure about that. :confused: Has anyone done this?

Janmac
04-05-2008, 06:16 PM
On our Dec. 2006 trip we did this one morning - I think we had an 8:30 am ADR at Cape May on an Epcot EMH morning.

Took the resort bus to Epcot, walked through Canada and UK - practically the only people - to the International Gateway and then the short walk to the Beach Club.

You could then walk back to Epcot and enter the International Gateway and walk back to tour Future World, til World Showcase opened.

After our breakfast with Minnie, Chip and Dale, we caught a bus to AK. Got there a bit after opening but as Epcot was the morning EMH, we didn't have much of a crowd at AK.

I'm pretty sure we did the early walk through Epcot on our June '04 trip too as Cape May is one of our favorite breakfast spots but I'm not remembering details.

Jan

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Yep, you can go out through International Gateway. And there is also Picabu at the Dolphin. The serve food too. It's a counter service type of restaurant, they have bacon, eggs, pancakes, muffins, donuts etc.

SBETigg
04-05-2008, 11:21 PM
If you're planning to take advantage of morning EMH in Epcot, it's a great time to visit attractions. It's counterproductive to use EMH time to eat breakfast. Eat before EMH at your resort, or after ten a.m. once regular hours crowds start to come in to the park at one of the places recommended by the above posters. But to take full advantage of the EMH, use the time to fit in some of the more popular attractions like Soarin or Test Track.