PDA

View Full Version : Adventure &/or Comedy club?

ellematt
04-05-2008, 11:27 AM
We are taking our 2 boys in late August for 10 days. We'd like to check out the Adventurer's Club and/or the comedy club on Pleasure Island. Has anyone been there with their kids? Ours will be 10 (almost 11) and 14. I'm assuming that because it's Disney, it's probably more family friendly? They say kids under 18 are ok w/parents? Any advice on this would be great, thanks!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-05-2008, 07:29 PM
We took a 12, 16 & 17 year old to the 10pm show at the Comedy club and it was fine. Not XX rated at all. I'm not sure about the Adventure's Club.

SBETigg
04-05-2008, 11:14 PM
We are taking our 2 boys in late August for 10 days. We'd like to check out the Adventurer's Club and/or the comedy club on Pleasure Island. Has anyone been there with their kids? Ours will be 10 (almost 11) and 14. I'm assuming that because it's Disney, it's probably more family friendly? They say kids under 18 are ok w/parents? Any advice on this would be great, thanks!

It's not really a family friendly environment, in my opinion. People do bring kids, and you can, but the Pleasure Island clubs are definitely geared more toward adults and I wouldn't bring my under 18s into that environment. Not that you can't. People have, and there isn't anything raunchy going on, just not the most comfortable place for the kids with a mostly adult crowd drinking. Use your best judgment and do what's best for you. No harm trying it out and leaving if it turns out to be not for you.

sagitarius
04-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Comedy Club. Much more tame.

beksy
04-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Of the 2, I would say comedy club also. Neither one is x-rated or anything but as the night goes on the Adventurer's Club has jokes and stuff that might not be real appropriate for younger teens. One night when we were there there was a 12 year old with his family. The CMs were joking and laughing with/at his family for having him there. It wasn't mean or anything but it kind of made the point that they didn't really think it was appropriate.

AdventurerKim
04-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Some adult innuendo at both clubs, and they are both bars so alcohol is being served. I wouldn't say the clubs are family friendly at PI; they are more adult-oriented, but it's your choice to bring your kids or not.

DisneyDog
04-10-2008, 12:00 PM
We were once at the comedy club, and because it is improv, they take suggestions from the audience. The raunchiest suggestion came from a young lady, probably 15 years old. The cast let her know that her suggestion was innappropriate by saying "that's not very Disney, now, is it?"

To this day, DH and I always say "that's not very Disney" when we see something innappropriate for young children.:mickey:

I think the earlier evening shows in the comedy club are okay, but still somewhat adult. The shows apparently get more adult as the evening goes on.

jans2kids
04-10-2008, 12:31 PM
We did the Adventureres Club last year with our boys 12 & 13. We got there early 7:30 and we didn't leave until 9:30. The boys loved the shows and I would say as the night went on the jokes got a little more reared for adults, but during those 2 hours I think it was fine for them. I know there are alot of people who wish kids weren't aloud at PI but this is the only club we went to see and we didn't have any problems.

mrsgaribaldi
04-13-2008, 08:23 AM
I think that a 10y/o might not get alot of the humor at the Adventurer's Club:mickey: