PDA

View Full Version : Matsu No Ma Lounge

SandmanGStefani24
04-04-2008, 10:17 PM
has anyone stopped off for a drink or sushi here? i didn't even know this was in Japan/Epcot! I just found out about it last night. If you've been there, what was it like and where is it?
Thanks!

PetefromRI
04-05-2008, 08:41 AM
The Matsu No Ma Lounge no longer exists.It was an awesome,quiet lounge with very good sushi overlooking the World Showcase.When they refurbed the building the lounge became part of the Tokyo Dining restaurant which is out of this world.The sushi was great and the view,again,of the WS is beautiful.I'd give it a go.It might be one of Disney's best restuarants,some of the best service I've ever had.

SandmanGStefani24
04-05-2008, 01:18 PM
that pretty much seems to be my luck! :mad:

It sounded absoultely awesome! I would have loved nothing more than to just have a nice bit of sushi, sip on a Japanese beer and people watch. People watching is one of my favorite things to do in Epcot, but looks like I'll have to do it in another country. Bummer...England maybe? Mexico? Hmm...:beer:

JERSEYDISFAN
04-05-2008, 03:49 PM
As PetefromRI said, the lounge is gone, however, you can still stop by Tokyo Dining during off-prime dining hours on the chance they have seating available, order a cold TsingTsao and have some great sushi off their extensive menu.

SandmanGStefani24
04-08-2008, 10:47 PM
does anyone know if there is some seating besides the grill/tables? maybe like a bar area?

sorry, was looking for a sushi fix while @ WDW

PetefromRI
04-09-2008, 11:36 AM
We stopped there right at the beginning of lunch one day and got right in.There were quite a few empty tables.I think that I'd stop in and request a window table,they give you those little alarms that go off when your tables ready.

SBETigg
04-09-2008, 11:44 AM
does anyone know if there is some seating besides the grill/tables? maybe like a bar area?

sorry, was looking for a sushi fix while @ WDW

Tokyo Dining and Teppan Edo are separate- there are no grill/tables at Tokyo Dining. You can get a table on your own and have sushi. Teppan Edo(the former Teppanyaki) has the hibachi-style presentation. At Tokyo Dining, which used to be the Matsu No Ma Lounge area, you can be on your own, not seated with others, and enjoy the sushi, drinks, and atmosphere.

Disdude
04-12-2008, 04:36 AM
The menu at Tokyo dining is very creative. While I'm not a huge roll fan, they had some of the most beautiful and imaginative rolls I've ever had. They tasted great too. Everything was very fresh and they have some tasty adult beverages.

I found the Matsu No Ma Lounge had a very limited menu and was often pretty cramped if you sat at the bar. I did like the way they prepared the Edamame better. It was nice and warm and was soaked in a salt bath instead of large rock salt coated.