PDA

View Full Version : Running Trails @AKL

Kidsmom
04-04-2008, 09:31 PM
We are heading there in 5 days. Are there any outside running trails at the AKL?

Thanks for any info.

Tinkerfreak
04-05-2008, 10:23 AM
I have been there many times and have never noticed any running trails. I wasn't looking for them though:blush:. DH loves the fitness room and said they had lots of nice equipment.

ttccluvsdis
04-05-2008, 04:04 PM
When I was there last year, I asked every CM for the first day, and the answer was always no. I was told I could run the parking lot. I think one CM actually had the milage. But I didn't think it was very safe. I ended up using the gym, I figured a treadmill was better than nothing.
As a disneyaholic this resort is one of my favs.
As a runner, I hate it!!!

I actually thought about getting a taxi and going to the Boardwalk, I love running over there in the real early morning.

Hope this helps.
T

Kidsmom
04-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Thanks...I guess i will plan on using the gym. I hate treadmills, but I guess i can deal with it for a week.

baggio16
04-07-2008, 11:28 AM
There's some good info at Disney Running that talk about the different routes around Disney World.

When I stayed at the Lodge, I just ran around the parking lot. Wasn't too bad. I only did 3-5 miles though.

I'd recommend taking the bus to Disney Studios and running along the path there over to the Boardwalk and around that area. There's sidewalks along the roads there too that would help you get in some decent mileage.

If you run in the morning, there's not many people coming back on the bus. So you can be all stinky from a good run. :)

ThanxForNoticin
04-07-2008, 12:12 PM
I'd recommend taking the bus to Disney Studios and running along the path there over to the Boardwalk and around that area. There's sidewalks along the roads there too that would help you get in some decent mileage.

I agree with this tip.

Another option for later in the day, is to take a bus to Downtown Disney. If you run along the lake through SSR, you can run a path along the golf course all the way to OKW, and then back. It's a few miles round-trip and a nice loop.