PDA

View Full Version : Will We love it??

JenniferS.
04-04-2008, 07:50 PM
This year we are staying at the Contemporary!!! This is our third year going and the two previous years we stayed at Pop Century. WIll we lOVE the CR compared to Pop?? We have a garden room w/ standard view.

goofy-4-disney
04-04-2008, 07:58 PM
i've only stayed at the contemporary once, but i absolutely loved it. great proximity to all disney transportation, very good restaurants, good shops, good arcade for younger (or young at heart) guests. the pool is ok, but you're not really there to swim all day anyways...they are currenty remodeling/adding on to it so not sure what all changes are being made or have been made already to it.

Friend of Figment
04-04-2008, 08:07 PM
You'll love it. The Contemporary is my favorite spot at DW. I like the location and I think the rooms are beautiful.

Jeff
04-04-2008, 09:01 PM
The rooms, compared to Pop, are huge and very nice. The only negative I would point out is to watch out for noisy guests above you in the Garden Wing. Our one stay there I swear the folks above us were bowling all night. If I stayed there again I would ask for a top floor and thus, avoid the potential problem.

You will love the location and the monorail.

Have a great time.:thumbsup:

KylesMom
04-04-2008, 09:14 PM
In a word, yes. I know that CR isn't for everyone, but I certainly remember our first stay after staying in Values/Moderates. DH didn't think he'd ever be happy with another resort again! :mickey: It's so wonderful being able to walk to MK in the am, and not have to worry about a bus/boat/monorail after the park closes. ENJOY!:mickey:

DawsonAR
04-04-2008, 10:10 PM
We had our first stay at the CR in November. I really didn't know if we would like it or not. We LOVED it. It was different than any resort we had stayed at before, but really nice and relaxing. I think you will really enjoy it.

Wrigley
04-04-2008, 10:57 PM
I belive you will LOVE the CR-we sure did!!! The rooms are beautifully decorated, the restaurants are good, the proximity to MK is wonderful, and transportation is great. We also had alot of fun in the arcade!! The only thing that I didn't like too much was the pool-kind of boring compared to others, but I would definately stay again. It is one of my fave. resorts!:thumbsup:

BluewaterBrad
04-05-2008, 03:33 AM
Yes, You will love it!!:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
04-05-2008, 03:54 AM
We loved it when we stayed there Nov 2006. The rooms are huge and the bed is so comfortable. It's very nice to have the monorail right there also. You will get spoiled;)

mouseketeer mom
04-05-2008, 10:00 AM
You will love the Contemporary. We were so pleasantly surprised. I heard so much..lack of theme, boring, etc..and we didn't find that at all! We felt right in the heart of things, in a Disney classic. It was a real exciting place. We had a tower room, facing the castle and it was awesome. However, you said you had a garden wing, standard room and I think you booked a hidden gem. I really do. You will be right by the pool, right by the lake with pretty views all around. No big deal to walk to the monorail or restaurants from your garden room. Even tho we were in the tower we had to walk to the monorail and wait for elevators which took a long time. And we were really far from the pool. You will be close to the marina launch too. Have fun!

wdwfansince75
04-05-2008, 10:19 AM
Other than the atmosphere, location, dining, transportation, comfort, and and convenience, there is almost notheing special about the Contemporary. Did I mention location? Or dining? Or convenience? Oh, and Bay Lake. And right on about my favorie ride, the Monorail. Should have mentioned the Concourse....How do you describe Subdued Excitement? And many early morning walks with coffee down the pier. In spite of Lisinopril, my blood pressure is certainly 20-25 points higher when I am at the Contemporary! Oh, did forget to mention convenience and location? Great location, for adults, and kids of any age!

Marilyn Michetti
04-05-2008, 04:48 PM
You will absolutely love it. At night, the electric parade floats right by you.

It was the first resort we ever stayed at back in l984, and SOG put us there when they were remodeling. It was just as awesome as I remembered.

Have a great time.:cloud9:

scootch713
04-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Yes, you will absolutely positively love it. The closenest to magic kingdom just can't be beat. Wish we could stay there this year.... enjoy.:cloud9:

Mickey91
04-06-2008, 12:17 AM
Well, it isn't as themed, but I think just being a deluxe will make you enjoy it way more than a value. POP is our favorite value and we would always go deluxe if given the opportunity.

pdrlkr
04-06-2008, 08:13 AM
We would stay at the Contemporary every time if we could afford to. :thumbsup: :mickey:

#1donaldfan
04-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Going from a value to a deluxe makes it worth while, with that alone.....no matter what differences there are..plus, you'll be right there at the magic !!!!!!! Have fun!!:mickey:

Jenemmy
04-06-2008, 09:40 AM
It's my favorite as well. Despite people who claim there is a lack of theme there, no other resort screams "YOU ARE IN DISNEY WORLD!!!" to me like the CR. Maybe it is because it is one of the original resorts on property, or the way the monorail glides through the middle, but I feel like I am in the center of the Disney Universe there.:mickey:

I have stayed in the Garden Wing as well as the Tower. Rooms are lovely and large. I have a great tip for you -- I don't know if you are early risers or not, but last time we stayed there, I made ADR's for Chef Mickeys at the very earliest available time for breakfast -- I believe it was 7am. We actually got there BEFORE the characters! There were maybe 3 or 4 other tables filled and literally we were the first to stick the spoons in the casseroles on the buffet line. When the characters came out, we got loads of time with them because the place was darn near empty -- they just kept coming back over. by 7:30 - 7:45, the place started to fill up. We were able to run back to the room for our bags and such and then hop the monorail for EMH at MK and be some of the first ones there. :thumbsup:

kimommy63
04-06-2008, 10:29 AM
It's one of my ambitions for a future visit...to convince my husband that we should stay at the Contemporary! It's pricey, but I think it would be awesome.:cloud9: