PDA

View Full Version : Ohanas and Whispering Canyon questions

coopy
04-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Hey all you officinados out there, I could use your help to answer a couple of questions. First, as I was reading another post in this forum I got the impression that dinner at Ohanas takes 2 TS meals. Is dinner at Ohanas the same thing as the Luau? Second, a friend suggested dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe. She said it was a lot of fun. Do they do all of the fun stuff at breakfast as well? Also regarding Whispering Canyon, I am getting conflicting info as to whether or not they serve lunch there. If they do serve lunch, again, is it as fun as dinner?

Thanks in advance!

KylesMom
04-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Ohana is classified as a 1-TS meal. I believe, however, the Polynesian Luau is classed as a 2-TS meal (since it's a "dinner show"). They are completely different things, although both occur at the Polynesian Resort.

Although it's not quite as obnoxious - yes, they do shenanigans at Whispering Canyon during breakfast as well. Just be prepared if you're not used to a really loud breakfast atmosphere - DH and I decided that while we love dinner (and the breakfast was very good), it was just too much - too early - for all of us.

Lastly - yes, WCC does serve lunch also. We've never participated, but it does sound "a mite more mellow than dinner". :mickey:

P.S. - I should mention that dinner at both Ohana and Whispering Canyon are "must-do's" for my family!

CaptSmee
04-04-2008, 09:48 PM
It seems to me the performances at Whipsering Canyon seem to depend on the size of the audience. I have been there before when the place is packed, everyone is hootin' & hollerin' & havin' a good 'ol time. We've also been when it's not so packed, and it's much more low key. Still always a fun place and a great meal!

kwhitt3202
04-04-2008, 10:43 PM
Ohannahs is 1 table service. Also I found that disneyworld.com will let you down load and print the dinning and deluxe dinning brochures
Thats what I did for our up coming trip so that I can know how to plan our meals.