PDA

View Full Version : A Magical Disney Gathering Trip Report! Day 4 part 1

mickey&missy
04-04-2008, 03:29 PM
I’m a little slow in posting these for some reason, sorry!!! I hope you enjoy!

Cast of Characters
Me, 32 - Planner Extraordinaire & Disney Freak
DH, turning 33 3/14 – Closet Disney Fan
DD, turning 7 3/9 – Our little Princess, huge Disney Fan & THE BIRTHDAY GIRL!
DS, 5 – Huge Disney Fan, loves Mickey
DS, 9 months – 1st trip (if you don’t count that I was pregnant last trip)
MIL, 60 something – The best MIL in the world (I swear) she loves these trips!
FIL, 60 something- All around fun guy, loves these trips!

Making guest appearances
SIL and her DH

Day 4, Tuesday, March 11th

Today started very early. I’m not sure what time it was but it wasn’t much past 5 when I woke up. I quickly hopped in the shower, got dressed and threw on a hat. I snuck out of the room and went and got a cup of coffee. Then I sat outside of Gasparilla’s, with a wonderful view of the castle as it changed color in the early morning hours, and wrote my postcards. It was still dark but the lighting was enough to let me see what I was doing. It amazed me the hustle and bustle going around me. The staff was out in force delivering, gardening, cleaning etc. and they did it without almost any sound!

After about an hour I got the family breakfast and took it up to the room. We were planning on going to Epcot for morning EMH. So, everyone got up, dressed and ate. We were out of the room by 7:45! Amazing!

MIL kept the baby because FIL wasn’t feeling at all well and she wanted to keep close to the resort. So she and Ryan took a walk and sat by the pool while we were gone.

When we got to Epcot we walked in with no lines, got a stroller (DS can’t go without it) and went to Spaceship Earth. We literally walked right on. DH and the kids enjoyed it a lot more then the last time. The kids because their a bit older, DH who knows. We all thought the touch screen and picture of your future was very cool. Here's a look at my future (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2082941510098269115DXmqhy?vhost=good-times&vhost=good-times) DS was apparently to short to be seen by the camera, and this is DH and DD's future (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2834621780098269115szHllQ?vhost=good-times).

After that it was off to get a Fastpass for Soarin. We thought about doing standby, but according to the sign the wait was already 50 minutes. It was like 8:30, how is that possible?! DH went to get the Fastpass and the kids and I headed to The Seas to wait for him. When he got back we went and did the Nemo ride. It’s not our favorite ride ever but it’s cute and it’s neat how they can project the Nemo characters into the tank! After that it was off to see Crush, which was cool as usual. We stayed in The Seas for awhile and walked around seeing all the fish. We saw the dolphins and two of them, I swear, looked like they were dancing together!

Then it was off to The Land. We did Living With The Land. DD loved this ride, DS kept saying “This is boring, can we get off now?” Ugh! I explained to him that going to WDW wasn’t just for him and we all have things we want to do and see.

After that it was off to Soarin. DD wasn’t sure originally that she wanted to go but thankfully decided that she would go. This was our first time and it was AMAZING!!! We loved it!!! It' s definitely our favorite ride now!!

By then it was around noon and we figured we’d have a late night so we headed back to GF. When we got to TTC to switch monorails DH asked the attendant if we could ride up front. He said if it was open but we shouldn’t count on it being open. When it arrived 2 women were in the front but they got off! DH and DS were excited to get to ride in the front for the first time!

Back at GF we grabbed lunch at Gasparilla’s, I can’t remember what we had but it was good.

The kids wanted to go in the pool and the baby wanted Mommy. So DH and the big kids got ready for the pool. Oh no!! Crisis!! I bought DH 2 new bathing suits before the trip and asked him to try them on. He didn’t. Of course, they didn’t fit!! Way too big. I ran to Commander Porter and bought him a new bathing suit, which he loves! Crisis averted! DH and the big kids went off to the pool and MIL joined them. FIL was sleeping in their room and the baby settled down for a nap a little bit after they left. I got some time to relax and enjoy the balcony. Ahhhhhh, I wish I could sit there right now. The sounds of WDW all around me, nice warm sun, it was sooo relaxing and I got to take a little catnap!

DH and the kids came back around 4 and everyone quickly showered and got ready for The Pirates and Princesses Party!!

pdrlkr
04-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
04-07-2008, 01:36 PM
So far, it's a lovely day! Good thing you were able to get another bathing suit for your husband - not being able to go in the pool could make one quite grumpy, I'm sure!

BluewaterBrad
04-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Sounds like another good day, but I am missing your day 2 and 3!!??:mickey:

tinkerbell04
04-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Sounds liek a great morning so far, glad that you averted the crisis! :mickey:

wdwgrl377
04-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Another great day!!! Thanks! :thumbsup:

KylesMom
04-09-2008, 09:36 AM
Another wonderful morning - I'm so glad you were able to enjoy Soarin'.

I can't wait to read about the P&PP! On to the next post! :mickey:

DizNee143
04-09-2008, 12:40 PM
great start to the day and nice afternoon..glad you were able to sneak in a little catnap!!:mickey: