PDA

View Full Version : Need help with anniversary planning!

DestinationWDW
04-04-2008, 02:51 PM
:cloud9: We go to Disney every year and this time are taking my Dad and Stepmom. It will be our 15th wedding anniversary and their 10th! (Oct 23rd and 24th respectively!) We have our 3 children coming along - DD 13, DS10 and DS 4 - who know the parks inside and out and very excited to show Pappy and Miss Linda EVERYTHING!!!

I am planning to request anniversary buttons for the 4 of us - hubby and I honeymooned here as well! We will be staying at POR (unless some kind of deal pops up that we can upgrade - traveling 10/18 - 10/26). It is my Dad's and Stepmom's 1st trip.....

That being said, any special ideas? I thought one night we could dine at the Cali Grill....with or without kids to be decided....older 2 know parks like the back of their hand, but not sure if I'd want to leave them on their own with a cell phone yet or not as DD too old now for kid's clubs. DS 4 would enjoy the Neverland Club just fine with or without big sis or big bro there....any ideas re: this and any other anniversary ideas to share? Especially for 1st time Disney Worlders???????:mickey::cloud9:

Duchess99
04-04-2008, 08:37 PM
A dinner at Victoria & Alberts is super special, but very formal so it depends on how you want to go. Cali Grill is my fav restaurant...the food, the view, etc...it can't be beat. So I think that is great idea!
Make sure to let as many people know it's both of your anniversaries as possible. You never know what surprises may occur :magic:
As far as your kids going to the parks are concerned...my parents let me start touring the parks alone with a friend around age 10, but then that was about 18 years ago and times have changed. I too was one of those kids that knew the parks inside and out. I think WDW is a very safe place to let your kids explore by themselves as everyone there is so helpful and how transportation is so easy and reliable. But it varies with each kid. I just saw a piece on the Today Show this week about a 9 year old who travels by himself on the NYC subway and buses. Not every 9 year old can do that, just like not every 10 year old can be trusted in WDW by themselves. It's a judgment call, but I'm all for it i thier up to it :)