PDA

View Full Version : Block Party Bash Route?

MOJoe
04-04-2008, 02:06 PM
Does anyone know what route the new Block Party Bash takes? Does it start from the Star Tours area like Stars n Cars? Our arrival day puts us at the Studios right about 3, so i am wondering if i am walking into a crowded snarl.

WVParkfan
04-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Yes, you'll be walking into a VERY crowded start!

The Block Party Bash is actually two "performances," and not really a parade. The floats and entertainers enter near the park entrance, and fill up Hollywood Boulevard and stop for the show. They literally stretch all the way from the entrance up to the turn by Sorcerer Mickey's hat.

They sing, dance, and entertain the crowd for 15 minutes or so. Then, they pack up their stuff and move the entire show past the Sorcerer's hat and fill up the old parade route area in front of Sounds Dangerous. They unload there, and perform again. When they are done, they exit by Star Tours.

If you wait until 3:30 pm to enter the park, you should avoid the crowd.

kimommy63
04-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Is this happening now? I mean, my family is arriving may 1 and I was hoping that this would be something we could all catch. My DS7 really digs the character interaction thing and this sounds like it would be right up his alley! :cloud9:

MOJoe
04-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Yes, you'll be walking into a VERY crowded start!

Thanks for the info! If we can't get inside the park before 3, then we may end up starting our day at Epcot. DS14 wants to do Test Track first anyway. Thanks again. :mickey: