PDA

View Full Version : MK --spectromagic and fireworks

DisneyDog
04-04-2008, 01:00 PM
If spectromagic is at 9pm and the fireworks are at 10pm, where should we plan on standing to watch spectromagic? And can we stay in the same spot for the fireworks?

The last time we were at WDW, DS was too little to stay up late enough to see either of them. He's also never seen fireworks before, and none of us have ever seen Spectromagic. So, both of them are a must-see.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 26 days to go!

WVParkfan
04-04-2008, 02:22 PM
I can only advise you on what NOT to do. We had never seen Spectromagic, either, and watched it for the first time last week.

We didn't really like the parade much (it is really strange, and not what we expected), but I don't want to discourage you from watching it. Just understand that it is long and slow, and when it is over, you won't be moving anywhere for a while.

We watched the parade from Adventureland (a good place to see the parade), but were stuck in traffic. The only place we could go was over by Splash Mountain/ Big Thunder (a bad place to see the fireworks).

It was very different seeing the fireworks over there, and frankly kinda ruined it for us.

So, here is my suggestion: Watch both SpectroMagic and Wishes from the FRONT of the castle. That means Mainstreet. You'll really be a lot happier if you do, especially since this will be your son's first experience with either.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Main Street, where Casey's is at. Good to move without much moving for both shows.

DisneyDog
04-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Awesome! Thanks!

Max has wanted to see fireworks for a long time, but it just never works out (4th of July either falls on a weeknight or it rains...), so I want to make sure he gets to see them and it's special.

SpaceMtn101
04-06-2008, 03:16 PM
i would watch it from the hub area(around the castle area and by tommorowland bridge) it is a lot of fun and the cast members are great about doing pac activities with the kids... i love sitting at the part of the hub where you are looking directly down mainstreet because you can see the whole parade coming and AMAZING spot for pictures ... i will warn you that you need to get a spot for the parade an hour before because it is the MOST popular parade in the park ... and it fills up fast. i miss that parade ... i loved working it

Tbelle1976
04-06-2008, 07:18 PM
I would also recommend watching it from the FRONT of the castle on Main St. and then you will have a great view of the fireworks.

We noticed about 1 1/2 hours before it was starting that people were starting to line up so we got our seat then. Make sure you really watch at how quickly it starts to fill up to know just when you should start to get a good seat.

AdventurelandTikiGirl
04-06-2008, 10:39 PM
I like watching from the Main Street train station. It's a good vantage point and allows for an easy exit if you're leaving the park. I gotta give props to SpectroMagic...I love it! :mjump: