PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Week

laward32
04-04-2008, 11:07 AM
We are thinking of doing a trip thanksgiving week. How bad are the crowds usually this week?:mickey: I know many of you Intercoters have been and will have great advice on this topic.

TheRustyScupper
04-04-2008, 11:53 AM
1) Thanksgiving Week is the 2nd busiest at WDW.
2) In order of crowds
. . . Christmas Week (Christmas to New Years)
. . . Thanksgiving Week
. . . President's Week
. . . Easter Week

buzznwoodysmom
04-04-2008, 11:54 AM
We were just there this past Thanksgiving and had a wonderful time. As a matter of fact it was one of our best WDW trips yet. So much so that my SIL and her family who were there with us are planning to go again this Thanksgiving. We would be going back again if DH didn't have other obligations right around the same time frame.

There were lots of people, but we never had to wait very long for any of the rides. We did not go to the parks on Thanksgiving Day so I can't comment on that day, but the only day we saw huge crowds was the day after Thanksgiving. Epcot was mobbed, but we still managed to have fun and got to do everything we wanted with EMH.

The best advice I have is to arrive the week before Thanksgiving, like on the Thursday or Friday before Thanksgiving and go to one of the MVMCP. We were able to do so much in MK during the party. Also take some time to visit the resorts to see all the Christmas decorations. I hope you have a great trip!

Jasper
04-04-2008, 11:58 AM
We normally arrive on Wednesday one week before Thanksgiving and leave the day before Thanksgiving and the crowds are usually very manageable. However, on a couple of occasions we were there through Thanksgiving itself and then the crowds were just crazy.

We will never go back from Thanksgiving Day through the following Sunday again unless we have no choice. However just before or just after that time is a great time to go.