PDA

View Full Version : Myrtle Beach Pre-trip and Questions

pogo
04-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Hi everyone,

DW and I are headed to Myrtle Beach and the Landmark Resort two weeks from today. We've already made some plans and I'd like to share it with you and ask for suggestions.

4/17 Leaving Rochester and driving south and plan on spending the night in Emporia, Va.

4/18 Arrive at our resort sometime in early afternoon. We have tickets for the "Good Vibrations" show at the Carolina Opry for the 8:00 PM show.

4/19 We are meeting Drummerboy and his DW for lunch. other than that, our day is wide open.
We've considered Dixie Stampede, but we're not sure.

4/20 This is our 6th anniversary and we plan on celebrating at Margaritaville !

4/21 Driving to Georgetown and visiting Brookgreen Gardens. This is a whole day experience.

4/22 Checkout and heading North. We might stop in the Washington area for the night.

4/23 Arrive back on the North Coast and Rochester.

So what do you think ??? :confused:

Any and all suggestions will be welcome.

Oh.... one more thing. I'm leaving my :golf: clubs at home so don't think about that.

Thanks in advance. :D

biodtl
04-03-2008, 10:19 PM
I've never done Dixie Stampede, so I can't give any input, but Broadway has so much to do, I could stay there for days.

Brian
04-04-2008, 12:35 AM
I'm not sure if it will be much of a problem in April, but in July the wait time at Margaritaville can be pretty long. We were there this past summer and the wait time for dinner was over 3 hours. We ended up doing lunch there which had a very minimal wait. Just something to keep in mind as you're planning things.

Also, a new restaurant we found and really liked was called Fire Island. It's located at Barefoot Landing and is kind of tucked away in one of the back corners facing the parking lot. We really liked it there and can't wait to return later this summer.

Have a great trip! Myrtle Beach is always a fun vacation. We go there every year or so and always have a great time.

disneydrmr
04-04-2008, 08:43 AM
Hey Pogo - sounds like a lot of fun! I've been to the Dixie Stampede in Pigeon Forge and LOVED it! I think you should go and try it! It's been years since I"ve been to Mytle Beach...hope you have fun!

DNS
04-04-2008, 09:29 AM
POGO -- We are planning a trip to Myrtle Beach this summer. We also have tickets to Good Vibrations, plan to go to Margaritaville and Brookgreen Gardens. As I read your post, I had to smile because we picked so many of the same places. We are also planning a tour at T.I.G.E.R.S. preservation. It's a wildlife place and it sounds like a great tour for anyone who loves wildlife. I'm also planning some shopping time at Barefoot Landing and Broadway on the Beach. And of course some beach time. This will be our first trip, so our plans are from a lot of internet research and travel books. Good luck with your planning, hope this helped a little.

princessjojo
04-04-2008, 09:47 AM
The Landmark is very nice. And in a great location of Myrtle Beach as well. It's kinda far north, but not very crowded. Your plans sound great to me.

If you decide to go to any other restaurants, there's 2, I can't remember the names but they're side by side and owned by the same family. They are super excellent. They're just pass Colonial Mall,thru the light and on your left. I think it's The ??? House. I can't remember the full name, but we ate there last summer and loved it. It didn't look like too much from the outside, but the food was great.

They also have a Cirque show that is permanent. And much less expensive than many others. I think we found tickets for about $34 during July 4 last year. And about the same during our August vacation there.

I agree with Fire Island as well. It was really good to us and I just enjoy meandering around Barefoot Landing anyway. There's an incredible amount of stuff to do there. If you're definitally going to Broadway though, don't forget about the Ripley's Aquarium. It's huge and incredible. Took my grandmother during Thanksgiving the other year and she was speechless. Kids loved it as well. And it was a good way to spend a yucky day.

Have fun. There's so much there to do, pretty much anything you do is going to be great.

biodtl
04-04-2008, 10:15 AM
I'm not sure if it will be much of a problem in April, but in July the wait time at Margaritaville can be pretty long. We were there this past summer and the wait time for dinner was over 3 hours.

Yes - I forgot about this. It was over 3 hours when we went on August, too. We ended up waiting for the deck seating and still waited almost 2 hours. If you are going there, definitely head to Broadway early and get your name in. That way, you can walk around a little and have some fun without being starving.

MauiMouse
04-04-2008, 12:19 PM
pogo, your plans look great! Have a fantastic time. Enjoy!

drummerboy
04-06-2008, 01:49 AM
Pogo, DW and I are going to try and ride by the Fire Island resaturant at Barefoot tomorrow when we go back. Maybe we can have lunch there when you're here. If not there, maybe at the T-Bones rest. at Barefoot. Unless you have another preference.

pogo
04-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Thank you all for your suggestions.

I'll be sure to report back when we return ! :thumbsup:

Pogo, DW and I are going to try and ride by the Fire Island resaturant at Barefoot tomorrow when we go back. Maybe we can have lunch there when you're here. If not there, maybe at the T-Bones rest. at Barefoot. Unless you have another preference.

I was going to suggest either Barefoot or Broadway. No matter where we eat lunch,
I'm sure we'll enjoy it ! After all..... We are going to be eating with friends ! :D

disneydeb
04-14-2008, 07:59 PM
Have a great time! and - Happy Anniversary!

Tink&Goofy
04-14-2008, 08:54 PM
Sounds like so much fun! Have a wonderful time - and Happy Anniversary!! :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
04-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Pogo, sounds like it's going to be a wonderful trip! Happy trails and happy anniversary!

Lucyrella
04-21-2008, 10:17 PM
We have been to Myrtle Beach almost every year for the last 10 years. One place we enjoy the most is Sam Snead's restuarant. The food is incredible.

If you are going to Georgetown, there is an awesome shelling tour you can take. It takes a total of 3 hours, but if you like pulling shells out of the ocean, it is amazing. Low Tide is the best time to go, and you have to make reservations for it.

Also, if you want to drive to Murrell's Inlet, there is a "fun" place to go called Creek Rats. The atmosphere is a lot of fun. Live music, and on the inlet walkway where you can walk around.

I could go on, but these are some fun things.

Brian
04-24-2008, 09:53 PM
We have been to Myrtle Beach almost every year for the last 10 years. One place we enjoy the most is Sam Snead's restuarant. The food is incredible.

When was the last time you were at Sam Snead's? We ate there a few years ago, but I believe it was no longer around as of 2006. I may be wrong, that's why I'm curious if you've been there recently. I recall it being an excellent meal.