PDA

View Full Version : Jan 1-5 freezing Report: Better Late than Never, Days 1-2

jedigrrrl
04-03-2008, 06:27 PM
My husband and I went to WDW from January 1-5, 2008. We stayed in Sports. The coldest cold front EVER hit during this trip. Brrrrr...

Tues 1/1
We arrive in the afternoon, check in, hang out, then go to our ADR at the Clam Bake. Clam Bake was yummy as usual, but, unbeknownst to us, they charged us holiday prices!! The person making your ADR really should let you know when you are going to be charged $5 more per person just because of the date. If I knew I wouldn't have made the ressie. Anyway, we walked to Epcot to enjoy the holiday lights and we rode the new Spaceship Earth which we loved. The end was really funny. We love nonsense like that! The temperature began to drop . . .

Wed. 1/2
My Husband's 29th birthday! He was so excited to be at WDW for his Bday, he went and got a bday pin and loved all the attention he got all day, lol. The temperature was in the 30's this morning and we headed to AK. It was so full!! And Everest was broken. We were crossing over to Dinoland when we saw they were beginning to seat the Nemo show so we got in the back of the line and were seated within minutes. It took 45 minutes to seat everyone. I LOVE THIS SHOW!! When we saw it in previews, the last 15 minutes got canceled so it was nice to see the whole thing. On our way back to Tibet for Yak and Yeti lunch, someone handed us fastpasses for Primevel Whirl. I love when that happens. We walked in to Y&Y and were seated in 20 minutes. YUM!!!! This is my favorite kind of food. We ate the Dim Sum basket, the Tuna appetizer, the Pho, the Duck and the most delicious Sorbet EVER!! Yum Yum Yum! We rode a freezing cold Primevel Whirl, then went back to hotel for a break.

In the late afternoon, we went to MGM and it was full, too! We single rode RnRc and an employee pushed me. He was sooooo rude. I don't even want to get into it. So we rode and then went to see the OSborne Lights which were Amazing!! Especially when they danced. It must have been 30 degrees, it was so windy and cold. I ended up buying a hat to protect my sensitive ears from the cold.

We went back to get ready for our 9:30pm ADR for Cali Grill. We had never eaten there and we loved it. That was also when I got my first view of the Icy Castle . . .WOW!!
A great ending to a fun day, although the parks were more crowded than I thought they'd be considering I was paying $49/night for the hotel.

to be cont... in another post

faline
04-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Sounds like you handled the crowds quite well. I feel cold just reading your report!

pdrlkr
04-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

BriarRose0708
04-03-2008, 09:24 PM
I would have :ack: riding Prime Evil Whirl after eating all that food! Off to read more!

offwego
04-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Sorry it was so cold, sounds like your having a good time though.

tinkerbell04
04-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Wow! It sure sounds cold. I hope it warms up a little bit sometime in your trip. Thanks for sharing.

BluewaterBrad
04-05-2008, 03:38 AM
:thumbsup::mickey: