PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon I need advise

daveymacdaddy
04-03-2008, 04:34 PM
My DW and Twin DD(10) and myself are headed to the world. We bought the Water Park fun and more tickets. i'm not finding much info on the WPs. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions about the WPs? You know, shortcuts, when to get to the park, just general suggestions on making it the most fun for the family. Thank you !:number1:

MMouse6937
04-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Hi there, welcome to Intercot!!

I'm not sure when you're headed to the world but I would recommend no matter what time of year that you arrive to either of the water parks early/before opening. We go in the very slow September season but still find that the parks get quite crowded. You should find yourself a spot and stake your claim with towels, shoes, etc. We have never had anyone bother our stuff. If you need to rent towels, lockers, life vests, etc. that can all be done just down the path from the entrance.

Both waterparks have wave pools. TL is a huge surf wave pool that you can ride in, whereas BB is more of a choppy wave. Both have lazy rivers which is a nice way to relax while you're floating on an innner tube. TL has the only water coaster Crusher Gusher which is pretty fun. You have to carry your own tube up the stairs but it's worth it. BB has Summitt Plummet which is a water slide that sends you down on your back at 60 mph!! DH has done that but not me!! :D TL also has a snorkel area that you can see some neat salt water fish while swimming in the pool.

There aren't a lot of tips or tricks for the water parks. My suggestion is to get there early, get your spot right as it opens. Then head off to the slides of your choice while everyone else is still getting settled. Then as it starts to get busier you can get some lunch/snack and head to the lazy river.

I hope you have a great time! Feel free to ask any other questions if you have them. Take care! :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
04-03-2008, 05:08 PM
When are you going to visit?? We have been to both of the parks several times in the last couple years. Usually 2 trips mid summer and one early fall. They can get crowded at times. Early magic hour really helps. Summit Plummet lines can get long. We also love spending hours in the lazy rivers also.:mickey:

wedway76
04-03-2008, 05:21 PM
The only tip I have is…, if you plan on spending a most of the day there and would like a little space for you and your family, get there as early as possible to get lounge chairs. People start lining up at the gate way before the parks open, and then once they start taking tickets they line up at the next set of ropes (which are inside the park, but before any attractions) in order to stake out a spot. When the second set of ropes is dropped there is a MAD DASH for lounge chairs. There are a few clusters of chairs in the shade or under huts or in relatively secluded areas. If you are real lucky and real early you may even get a picnic table. Once you put your stuff on your chairs, then you can send someone back to get a locker or get towels etc. You may want to get a park map before hand and decide where you might want to stay. Some people like to be right in front of the wave pool in the sun, others prefer the shade etc.

Personally, we get there early, but when I am on vacation I refuse to move any faster then a leisurely stroll, so when the rope is dropped we take our sweet time and we still usually get a decent spot.

They have a LOT of chairs but you don’t want to be stuck in the very center of a cluster of chairs 20 rows long by 50 chairs deep. With every chair literally touching the chairs on each side of it and just barely enough space to stand at the head or foot of the chair.

slpngbty56
04-03-2008, 06:28 PM
You will need either flip flops or water shoes b/c the ground gets very hot @ TL:swim: Oh! I know this is common sense but just in case you didn't know ....the water in the lazy river is only 3 feet deep....don't dive in the lazy river or might end up spending 4 hours in the ER w/ your 15 yr old.:ambal: I can tell you that was not a fun way to spend my weekend at Disney.

mac badger
04-04-2008, 12:44 PM
we just got back from a 3 day trip at disney and spent 2 afternoons at typhoon lagoon because it was so hot out and TL is so relaxing. my tip is that you can bring in your own cooler. we did this both days and brought sodas, juices, cheese sticks and gorp. just dont bring any glass. they will check inside your cooler before you go in.
also, in the past we have rented a locker, but that can be a pain because you spend all your time walking back to get stuff. instead i recommend buying one of those waterproof holders that go around your neck. you can get them at the park or possibly at a wal-mart, etc.
then you can put your passes in there, the only other thing you will need is towels, shoes, and possibly a cooler. i dont think anyone would try and steal these items, but i would worry about leaving a purse unattended.

and my number 1 tip-if you go into the wave pool at TL, have glasses straps. the waves are big, and we were constantly finding ball caps, sunglasses, eyeglasses that had been knocked off.

wedway76
04-04-2008, 03:38 PM
You will need either flip flops or water shoes b/c the ground gets very hot @ TL:swim:.

:exactly: Absolutely!!! Those stretch water shoes are ugly but are great because you can wear them on MOST slides (I think you have to take them off on the giant speed slide and maybe one or two others) and without them you will be sprinting from puddle to puddle to keep your feet from burning.

Oh! I know this is common sense but just in case you didn't know ....the water in the lazy river is only 3 feet deep....don't dive in the lazy river or might end up spending 4 hours in the ER w/ your 15 yr old.:ambal: I can tell you that was not a fun way to spend my weekend at Disney.

OMG YES!!! That's scary stuff!!! You may not just wind up spending 4 hrs in the ER, you could wind up spending the rest of your life in a wheelchair or worse!

daveymacdaddy
04-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks for all the advice!:mickey: We are going May 27th-Jun 3. I wish it was already here, but patience is a good thing.....NOT!!
lol This will be my first trip to DW in 21 years! I have a lot of catching up to do! Glad this board is here to help with tips! Intercot Rules:number1::number1::number1:

WED1901
04-07-2008, 04:19 PM
We will be at TL on May 29! :thumbsup:

daveymacdaddy
04-08-2008, 11:23 PM
We will be at TL on May 29! :thumbsup:

I see your from NASHVILLE! WE live near Cookeville Tennessee. It's a small world after all! lol Have fun!!
:thumbsup:

RocknRoller94
04-12-2008, 09:47 PM
Blizzard Beach has stairs to get to the top of Mount Gushmore, but there is also a "ski lift" that gets you to the top! Summit Plummet, the fastest and steepest body slide in the world, is located on a platform at the tippity to of the Mountain.

Typhoon Lagoon also has its good attractions, notably Crush'n' Gusher, a water slide that uses water propulsion to speed you not only downhill, but uphill as well. Kind of like a roller coaster. Also, early in the morning, the park has surfing lessons on the wave pool (The largest inland wave pool in the world!).

Tiggerlovr9000
04-18-2008, 02:55 PM
How much do the lockers cost and also the towels?

pamlvt
04-19-2008, 01:50 PM
One thing nobody's mentioned is to be careful in the wave pool when it's shooting out the waves!! I've seen many, many bloody, skinned-up kids and adults after being knocked down and drug along the bottom of the pool. Our rule of thumb is that you should be thigh-deep in the water to keep this from happening.
We're there May 20-27!!!! yipee!!!