PDA

View Full Version : Why All-Star Movies is now my favorite value.

WVParkfan
04-03-2008, 10:13 AM
We recently returned from a quick 4-day blast at the parks. This wasn't our "big-summer-family-vacation," so we needed to stay at a value. We chose All-Star Movies because we hadn't stayed there before.

We've also stayed at:
All-Star Sports
Pop Century
Caribbean Beach Resort
Coronado Springs (our favorite)

We had a marvelous time at Movies, and we liked it SO MUCH better than Pop or ASsports.

- First, the rooms are all about the same, but at Movies it seems so much quieter. Pop has the thinnest walls of any hotel I've stayed in, and both Pop and Sports buildings seem to be more "crammed together." And even though we were at Movies during Easter, it never felt crowded. And, I can honestly say that it was as quiet as either of the moderates we've stayed at. That alone will be the reason we go back.

- Second, the theming is better at movies. Had a real "Disney" feel to the whole place. Each resort is unique, but the Movies is very Disney (like the Magic Kingdom).

- Third, the Fantasia pool is the best pool at any value resort. It can't compare to the pool at Coronado Springs, but beats the ones at Pop and Sports, hands down.

- Fourth, the odd layout of the hotel meant that our room was as close to the bus station at the All-Star Music resort, as it was to Movies. So, we were able to catch the first bus that came to us each day.

- Fifth, the busses were great, as always. We never shared a bus with any of the other All-Stars. If we chose to ride a Music bus, or if we chose to ride a Movies bus, we never shared with the others. AND, by having individual busses serve each of the three All-Stars, they weren't nearly as crowded as the ones for Pop. We never had to stand-up, and we were there Easter weekend (2nd only to Christmas for busiest time of the year).

- And finally, the food options at the foodcourt were surprising. Of course, the All-Stars and Pop foodcourts are pretty much the same, but they each have a few things different. The specialty salads and pastas at Movies was much better than the others.

So, there you have it. Those are my reasons why "Movies" is now my favorite value. Of course, we would much prefer to stay at a moderate (and maybe some day a deluxe), but as long as we keep taking these short trips to WDW and need to stay at a value, we'll choose All-Star Movies from now on.

Disneywarrior
04-03-2008, 11:21 AM
I agree! I have stayed at all of the value resorts and the ASmv is my favorite. The food court is a lot better than any of the others. The Fantasia pool is better and it does have more of a Disney feel to the whole resort. We are staying at ASmusic this time because of the renovated rooms but I'm going to miss the ASmv a lot.

FaithTrustPixieDust
04-03-2008, 11:49 AM
What building were you in? I did not realize that any of the Movies buildings would be that close to a Music bus stop. Good thinking!

WriteDisney
04-03-2008, 12:47 PM
Wow thats great to hear! We might fit in a mini disney vacation later this year also or early next year and would do a value resort instead of a moderate (to save money). It's nice to know you liked ASM so much, and thats really saying something since you were there during Easter! I've only been to an ASR once years ago and I'm not really that familiar with them.

I think you convinced me to give it a try.

BTW I also love Coronado Springs :cloud9:

Thanks for the info :thumbsup: It was very helpful!

WVParkfan
04-03-2008, 03:42 PM
What building were you in? I did not realize that any of the Movies buildings would be that close to a Music bus stop. Good thinking!

We were in the "Love Bug Building 6" and shared a parking lot with "Calypso" from Music. We discovered that the Calypso was one of the prefered buildings at Music, so we walked over to find that their bus stop was just as close as ours.

If you REALLY want to be close to the Music bus stop, then book the Mighty Ducks building at Movies. It is closer to the Music bus stop than just about ANY of the Music buildings!

We mainly did this on the way back from the parks. When it was late at night, we would just wait to see whether a Music or Movies bus came, and jumped on them. It certainly made our wait shorter.

BluewaterBrad
04-03-2008, 05:22 PM
I agree. My wife is going to take a first timer this weekend and I booked them a room at Movies for that "Disney" feel.:mickey:

pluto 77
04-03-2008, 05:42 PM
I love ASMovies!!! The first two times in disney as an adult, we stayed in the Mighty Ducks Section. The pool is right there and we too could take either ASMusis or Movies busses. It was great :mickey: I also have to agree that it is not overly crowded, esp in the Mighty Ducks Building. We requested that building and the CM was shocked. I think that the theming of that section is not as popular with children, but it was great for 2 adults!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-03-2008, 06:00 PM
We stayed at Movies a few times before we joined DVC. We stayed at Pop as well.

We loved Movies. For all of the reasons you listed. We would stay there again for a non points stay with no problem!:thumbsup:

jeddalynn
04-03-2008, 07:00 PM
We stayed at ASMovies last March with absolutely no problems. I've no problem reccomending it to anyone and in fact, we're going back in just 29 days!!!:cloud9:

lightyearfan
04-04-2008, 10:42 AM
We had a marvelous time at Movies, and we liked it SO MUCH better than Pop or ASsports.

- First, the rooms are all about the same, but at Movies it seems so much quieter. Pop has the thinnest walls of any hotel I've stayed in, and both Pop and Sports buildings seem to be more "crammed together." And even though we were at Movies during Easter, it never felt crowded. And, I can honestly say that it was as quiet as either of the moderates we've stayed at. That alone will be the reason we go back.

thats what i've been saying about the All Star Resorts we stayed at Movies as well and it was everything that you said, we since stay at the Music, and it is just as quiet and it also didn't have that crammed feel to it, and yes it was quieter compared to our stay at the then Dixi Landings.

Victor

KappaRho
04-04-2008, 12:27 PM
I am glad to hear all of these good things about the ASMv. We are staying there in September. We stayed in ASS last year. which was nice, but as several people said, there wasn't much "Disney" to the buildings. I am looking forward to ASMv. :mickey:

heatherb
04-04-2008, 09:00 PM
Great to hear, we are going down on Friday with our 3 year old daughter. Can't wait!!

Dr. Disney
04-05-2008, 02:57 PM
I agree w/ all! We have been to AS-Movies a few times.. then tried POP last time. AS-Movies is better Hands Down.