PDA

View Full Version : Leaving tomorrow!! Help!

PirateGirl01
04-03-2008, 09:53 AM
So we are leaving early in the morning and I have some questions for you all!! First does anyone pack bottled water in their suitcases and if so does it make your suitcase heavier than what you can check in which for delta is 50 lbs. also, Do the food courts in the Pop Century have water on the drink fountains? Maybe I can take no a whole case of bottled water and refill them every morning!! Thanks

dumbo_buddy
04-03-2008, 10:11 AM
i bring the nalgene bottles. it's alot "greener." just keep refilling those bottles throughout the day rather than bringing all those plastic water bottles that will be trashed. pop has water at the soda fountains, they pretty much all do.

packing water to be checked will definitely make for a heavier load. pack all your stuff and stick it on your scale at home to check.

LauraF
04-03-2008, 11:22 AM
When I pack water I split it up among two or three suitcases to solve the weight problem. I usually try to keep no more than 10 bottles per suitcase, depending of course what else is in it.

I've never stayed at POP so I can't help you on the second part of your question. Good luck!

Strmchsr
04-03-2008, 12:10 PM
I've stopped packing water. It really does add a lot of weight to the suitcase. Usually we either a.) stop at a grocery store if we're driving b.) use a grocery delivery service or c.) We pick up water bottles in the food court and refill them throughout the week. All 3 ways have worked well for us.

SurferStitch
04-03-2008, 12:30 PM
A gallon of water weighs 8.33 pounds, so determine how much water you want to take, and estimate the weight from that conversion value.

DH and I started drinking A LOT more water in the past couple months, but we won't be packing any if we fly...I don't want the hassle. If we drive, then I may pack a case. I don't want to carry bottles into the park anyway, and I don't want to refill with chlorinated water. We also don't use artificial sweeteners anymore, so I wouldn't use those flavor packets anyway. We'll probably still purchase bottled water in the parks. We'll just establish a water budget!

Taja
04-03-2008, 01:56 PM
I wouldn't add the extra weight to your checked bags, unless they're already very light. One .5 litre bottle weights 16.9 ounces--just over a pound.

Pop Century does have filtered water on the beverage island at the food court. It's difficult--and a bit unsanitary--to refill a bottle directly. When you purchase something in the food court, ask for a courtesy cup for water. You'll have to fill it a few times to refill your water bottle, but it does work.

I usually purchase one fresh bottle of water daily and refill it as needed. Definitely not as green as using a Nalgene bottle, but better--and less expensive!--than purchasing and discarding several bottles of water throughout the day. :)