PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin/balconies

moe513
04-03-2008, 09:02 AM
I am thinking about trying the Dolphin. Its cheaper than our usual spot,the YC. Can anybody give use info on a standard room?? Do a
ny of them have balconies?? Thanks

Dragongirlx
04-03-2008, 09:26 AM
We stayed in the dolphin a few years ago.

The rooms were nice and it is really close to the boardwalk but it just didn't have that Disney feel.

there are balconies but not all the rooms have them ours certainly didn't - lthough we could actually glimpse a bit of fantasmic from were we were.

crazypoohbear
04-03-2008, 09:31 AM
The dolphin is wonderful, you'll love it!
The standard rooms have 2 double beds (HEAVENLY :cloud9:) There is also enough room for a blow up mattress and still room to walk around.
The sink is outside the toilet, there is plenty of counter space with the sink, in room safe,
small table with 2 chairs, plenty of closet, drawer space. We hve had balconies and they are great, a small table and 2 chairs out there as well, We love sitting out on the balcony looking over the boardwalk (if you can get this view it's great) Sitting with a glass of wine and listening to the dueling piano's at jelly rolls late at night!
It also has Tubbies (Picabu) a 24 hour convience store/short order grill for late night munchies/drinks etc. We use to always stay at the dolpin (before free dining) and now when we stay at Disney properties we really miss tubbies for a late night run after EMH's.

MOJoe
04-03-2008, 09:52 AM
The Dolphin is very nice. There are rooms with balconies for a higher rate than a standard. And if you don't mind the extra expense, it is worth it. The pool area is great, though not as elaborate as Y&BC. This hotel, of course, is not Disney owned, and thus not Disney themed. But with a lower rate, the value of its location and other amenities makes it hard to beat.

moe513
04-03-2008, 12:52 PM
please tell me about the standard room you have stayed in. Does anybody rerember the room number?

Jarrod
04-03-2008, 10:56 PM
We actually just returned last week from our first stay at the Dolphin. We had a standard room. We did not get a balcony, but the room had already received the soft renovation which they are currently completing. Our room number was 8041. We had a view of the Swan. It was actually very nice. We stayed at the SWAN last spring break before they started any of the soft renovations and the room was definitely in need of some upkeep. Room 8041 had brand new paint, drapes and carpet. They are also getting a technology upgrade (not sure what that is except the pictures show a flat panel tv which we did not have). Our room was a King which we had requested, But we also requested a sleeper sofa and did not receive the Sofa. We got a rollaway, but our kids are still small. Any other questions you can send me a PM.

moe513
04-04-2008, 07:14 AM
Thanks Jarrod

moe513
04-04-2008, 11:07 AM
I would like a view of the Swan,I think the Dolphin and Swan are beautiful. I need a standard with 2 doubles and then get a roll away bed. I wonder if they have that type room with a view of the Swan.

Jarrod
04-04-2008, 10:26 PM
I am sure they have plenty of double rooms that view the swan, but you will have to call to see if there will be room for a rollaway in addition to the double beds. The rooms are nice, but pretty small. I think they are only about 340-360 square feet. Call the dolphin and ask.

moe513
04-05-2008, 01:09 PM
They told me it would be 15 dollars per night for the roll a way bed. I could so that at the Dolphin but not the Swan.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-05-2008, 07:48 PM
We had a corner room one time and it was SMALL. We've stayed on the 4th, 6th & 8th floors. The rooms with the balconies are usually more expensive. But it's great to sit there in the morning with your muffin & juice or with a drink at the end of the night just relaxing. I love these resorts. The beds are the most comfortable I've ever slept in! And the location is fantastic.

moe513
04-08-2008, 03:21 PM
If there are no balconies in a standard room does anybody know if the windows open????? I need lots of info because I need to convince my dh to try this resort.

Jarrod
04-10-2008, 10:45 PM
The windows do not open in the rooms without balconies.

moe513
04-11-2008, 07:31 AM
yuck!