PDA

View Full Version : Crowds at EMH

momof3+twins
04-02-2008, 03:30 PM
We will go to EMH evening that is on a night the park closes at 8 pm. Spectro and wishes are at park closing. Yes, the non Disney guests will have to leave but how will the crowds be throughout the night at the buses? When is the best/ worst time to catch a bus. And how are the ride waits?

DisneyCrazyET
04-02-2008, 03:47 PM
The longer you stay the less crowded.
If you stay until the end the bus lines are not bad.
The ride lines also go down as the evening goes one.
I don't know if this will work the same way with the park closing at 8. We have been there when the EMH were until 2.

elmjimmlm
04-03-2008, 09:23 AM
We love EMH...The crowds are not bad at all...You can get on just about any ride with little to no wait...We did AK late and were able to ride KRR three times without getting out of the raft...We would just stay in and go again...I would rather do EMH...The busses are less crowded than if you try to leave at park closing...Love it, Love it, Love it!!!:thumbsup:

Deesdisney
04-03-2008, 09:37 AM
I love EMH evenings. I always go to the EMH when offered. As the night goes on the lines get shorter and shorter. When we leave the buses and trams are not crowded. We usually have a snack around the time the park closes and then start going on rides and seeing what we want.

MOJoe
04-03-2008, 10:28 AM
I am also a big fan of evening EMH. But you just never know how crowded the park is going to be. The last time i attended late EMH at MK, the line for Space was longer at midnight than it was at 3 in the afternoon. It just depends on how late the other parks are open, how many people are actually staying at the resorts, what other events are going on, and even what day of the week.
As far as the buses go, it matters very little what time you exit the park. If there is a bus waiting for you at the stop - great! But if it pulls away just before you get there - well, another one will be there in 20 minutes or less.

GrumpyFan
04-03-2008, 10:45 AM
YMMV - When we were there in September, we had some pretty bad luck with EMH. On the night of Epcot's EMH, there were long (1 hour +) lines at Mission:Space, Soarin and Test Track, when the day time waits had been less than 30 minutes. On the night we went to MK and they had their EMH, Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain both closed early due to what they said were operational issues. In fact, over an hour of our night was spent waiting for our kids to come off Splash Mountain due to it breaking down. I suspect that BTMRR was actually due to staffing issues due to the park being open late the two nights before until after 1 for Night of Joy.

With EMH in mind, many people have said that after a park has EMH, it is usually less crowded for most of the following day. So, if you don't get to do a night EMH, you might consider going to that park on the day after. Of course, the problem with exposing secrets like these is that others start to pick up on them, then they're not as good.