PDA

View Full Version : POFQ or POR Riverside?

aimeewvdisney
04-01-2008, 10:05 PM
We are booked for POFQ the last week of Sept. I am starting to think maybe I should switch toRiverside. I talked my sister/family into going and they are staying in ALiigator Byou with the trudle bed. This would be a nice optionfor us as well so kids can sleep inown bed. I also love the way Alligator Byou looks. Alsmos a little secluded with trees around etc. Pluse I could link our reservations and get a room next to my sister.

On the other hand...POFQ looks nice. I think the biggest draw is the themed pool and it won't take as long to get from place to place since it is smaller(not sure how much this matters) Also have heard that it is the first bus stop(also not sure that this matters in Sept.) I know you can use amenities at both resorts. So what do ya'll think? Never being at either place it is so hard to tell.

Disdude
04-01-2008, 10:13 PM
With the exception of the sleeping arrangement issue you mentioned, I think POFQ is a better resort. I like the pool a bit more, it doesn't feel as spread out, and it has never felt crowded to me even at the busier times. I do believe both are nice resorts and I don't think you would go wrong at either.

Have a great trip.

slpngbty56
04-01-2008, 10:34 PM
Riverside is our favorite resort. It's very relaxing and it is more spread out so it doesn't feel crowded. There is so much to do there and I think you will really enjoy the atmosphere and theming that resort has to offer and like you mentioned the kids can have there own beds.

pdrlkr
04-02-2008, 12:05 AM
POFQ has a great pool. It is also smaller so less people. And the bus picks you up and drops you off first so less chance of having to stand. :thumbsup: :mickey:

elmjimmlm
04-02-2008, 09:07 AM
We stay at POR...We stay in AB and the buildings closest to the busses(14, 18 and 27), food court, Fultons General Store and Boatwrights...I love this resort...The pool is great too...You are close to the marina where you can take a boat to DtD...We also use a trundle room and there is plenty of space for everyone...You cant go wrong with POR...:thumbsup:

moe513
04-02-2008, 09:12 AM
we love fq.por doesnt appeal to me at all. we took a carriage thru and then walked around por.however,you have a lot a reason to go to por therefore i would say por. I think you would be disappointed if you stayed at fq,i think you are leaning toward por.

Dyanna
04-02-2008, 09:50 AM
POFQ:thumbsup: for us. Everything is so close & first pick up & drop off for the busses. Never did it feel crowded.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-02-2008, 10:03 AM
We've stayed at POR and POFQ and both are great resorts.

We choose to return to FQ for a couple of reasons...the pool (DD loves it), the small resort, quick walk to the bus stop and food court, and we love the theming.

We also really like the uncrowded feel...there are seldom any lines anywhere, even at the food court...and we love the feeling that we can get away from the parks and really relax.

POR was great too...it is just way too big for us, it felt like a trek to the main pool!

ibrowse17
04-02-2008, 10:06 AM
We stayed at FQ in Dec, and POR in Feb. While both are very nice and well themed, we liked FQ better. It has a much smaller layout, and requires a lot less walking than does POR. The layout at POR can also get you turned around at times, and it was a long walk from the parking lot to building 27. Alligator Bayou is very nice, but make sure you request a build closer to the main building if you stay there. You can not go wrong with either, but we just liked POFQ better.:thumbsup:

aurora, ariel, and bell
04-03-2008, 09:01 AM
We have only stayed at por and LOVE it. Once we booked CBR and changed to POR. I love the quiet pools, often having one to ourselves.
Everyone here likes FQ, and I really want to try it, but since I like POR so much am afraid to change again.

Mulan
04-03-2008, 09:24 AM
If I were in your shoes than I would stay at POR. Especially since family is staying there. Our personal favorite of the two is POFQ, but POR is nice too. Being close to family will be nice and make things easier. The walk to POFQ is minutes! Plus the crowds for the buses will be small.

#1donaldfan
04-04-2008, 11:39 AM
POR AB is the GREATEST EVER !!!!

The food court is great, Boatwrights has the best breakfast of any Disney eatery, plus the size makes it feel more "deserted"....

....every time we've been there, we feel like we have the place to ourselves....

the busses are shared, and FQ gets on first, but that's leaving from the resorts, when leaving the parks, each has it's own depot.....seldom have we seen the busses so crowded we couldn't get on.....

plus, how great it is to share a resort with family...we do every year.....it's a lot of fun!!

disneymother
04-04-2008, 11:45 AM
FQ is smaller, but so is the food court, if you plan on having any meals there, and there is less to do there than at POR. I personally like Riverside better, lots to do, and the pool is themed there too!

Tippy
04-04-2008, 10:44 PM
I would suggest you stay at POFQ due to the fact that the resort is smaller. We stayed in Sept 2006 with our 2 DD's. After we walked over to POR and saw how crowded the pool was and very hectic we were glad we made our choice. The pool at POFQ was never crowded and the children had a blast. The theming of the pool and area is great.
The bus ride is the second best option here. No long treks to get to the stop and POFQ is the first pick up so you always get a seat. Sometimes we could not pick up all the people waiting at POR and they had to wait for the next bus. Also POFQ is the first to drop off on the shared bus during the day. At night both POFQ and POR get their own buses.
I liked the smaller resort. One gets the same benefits as staying POR. You can walk there for the carriage ride, eating a boatwrights and the boat to downtown Disney stops at both POR and POFQ.
We had no lines or waiting at the food court in PORQ. :thumbsup: