PDA

View Full Version : T&G's Celebrate Spring Trip - Day 2

Tink&Goofy
04-01-2008, 07:45 PM
First day in the Parks! Since we are staying at AKV the first 2 nights, it only made sense to do AK. Boy, did that ever throw a kink into our inner "Disney clock"! Normally we would have done MK first! We were SO out of sync, and felt like we just walked around!!
We got a late start, and didn't make it to the bus until 11am. It was COLD!! This is supposed to be Florida, right? Shorts and T-shirts? Optomists that we are, we thought it would warm up in an hour or so.....wrong. It was uncomfortably chilly all day!
So once at AK, we get FP for EE, then DH and the two oldest go to Primevil Whirl, and I take DD5 on Triceritops. MauiMouse, who is flying solo in the park today, joins us, and after reuniting with DH and DDs we head to lunch at Pizzafari. Lunch was great, and it was nice to chat with MauiMouse. I can tell her and my oldest DD could really do some serious Disney chatting! After lunch, we get FP for Dino. We bid farewell to MauiMouse and head off to Festival of the Lion King. I'm sure MauiMouse thought we were totally disorganized (which we were), but hit our stride later in the day.
We all LOVE Festival of the Lion King, and this was no exception. As always, we sat in the Lion section!
Next we head back to Dino, where our FP are now good. DD5 is convinced she wants to ride it, despite all the things we have told her. DH loves it.....DD5 does not. The dark spots really scared her. I think it will be a while before she wants to try it again.
By this time, the FP for EE are coming up - but so is our ADR and Rose & Crown. I sacrafice my ride to get a head start with DD5 who just can't walk as fast, and the others head to EE.
We meet up at the Rose & Crown and have a wonderful dinner. We had a great table outside (although this is one of the few times I would have preferred to be inside). The service was great, and we all thoroughly enjoyed it!! At the end of the meal, I got a call from Christine (cantgetenuff), who had a spot on the railing for Illuminations. We headed up to meet her - but by that time it was dark, and still in our shorts and T's, we were FREEZING! They all piled into the shop to see if they could find sweatshirts, and I went to meet Christine - briefly - very briefly. We really would have liked to have joined them, but it was so cold. We got sweatshirts for 2 of us, and the others shivered their way to the bus, and back to AKV. Tomorrow its pants and jackets!!

pogo
04-01-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm sorry it was so chilly for you guys ! I'm glad you had a good time in spite of it. :mickey:

Dinosaur is our new favorite seeing that we rode it for the first time last April. :thumbsup:

It was good you got to spend some time with Mauimouse too ! I can't wait to do that myself in December. Isn't it fun spending time with friends !

I can't wait to read more. :D

offwego
04-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Sounds like fun despite the cold. Funny how starting somewhere different can put you off your plans isn't it?

Glad you had some nice chats with folks though.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us.:mickey:

BriarRose0708
04-01-2008, 09:10 PM
A chilly start, but it sounds like you still had some fun! Looking forward to reading more!

Caroleh
04-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Too bad it was SO cold for you, but it sounds like you still had a great day and got to meet some great people!!!

pdrlkr
04-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

KineGirl
04-02-2008, 02:55 AM
Hehe.. I used to live in FL and had the hardest time convincing ppl that it does get chilly there. Well tomorrow you will be back in your groove and the World is open to you! :mickey:

MauiMouse
04-02-2008, 01:23 PM
MauiMouse, who is flying solo in the park today, joins us, and after reuniting with DH and DDs we head to lunch at Pizzafari. Lunch was great, and it was nice to chat with MauiMouse. I can tell her and my oldest DD could really do some serious Disney chatting! After lunch, we get FP for Dino. We bid farewell to MauiMouse and head off to Festival of the Lion King. I'm sure MauiMouse thought we were totally disorganized (which we were), but hit our stride later in the day.

It was definitely cold wasn't it. I am glad that I had my sweatshirt with me.

Thanks for letting me hang with you and your family for a little while today. I could have chatted big time with your DD about Disney. And no I didn't think that you were totally disorganized. I knew it was your first day and with a 3 hour time difference you guys did great! :D

poeticeclipse
04-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Cold? Oh boy! That's no fun!

I'm like your DD. I don't like Dinosaur. It scares the heck out of me! I go on it with my family just so I don't have to sit outside alone but I keep my head down, eyes closed, ears covered.

tinkerbell04
04-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Sorry you had such a chilly day, but it sounds like you had a great day anyway! Thanks for sharing, I will be looking for the next segment :)

gauvin4
04-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Sorry to hear that your first day was cold!! I agree with you, Florida isn't supose to be cold!!! :( Hope that it warms up for the rest of your trip. :mickey:

Dsnygirl
04-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Sorry to hear it was so cold - but it sounds like you guys still had a nice day. That's great you got to see Christine & MauiMause - it's so much fun getting to hook up with folks from here! DH and I rode Dinosaur for the first time in October & loved it.... not sure what DD(then7) will think of it in December, though!! Hopefully she'll like it! sorry to hear your little one wasn't as fond of it as she thought she'd be... I sure hope tomorrow was warmer for you...

BluewaterBrad
04-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Cant wait to hear more!:mickey:

faline
04-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Sorry it was so cold - it's a shock to the system when you're hoping for warmth!

Still, you had a good day!

BronxTigger
04-06-2008, 01:25 AM
I love AK; too bad it was so cold. Every time I've been at AK it's ridiculously hot and humid. It's great you got to spend some time with people from here. Off to read more!

dolphinmickey9170
04-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Sorry to hear you were cold. Gotta love those cold fronts sneaking in. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

KylesMom
04-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Ugh, I can't imagine Orlando that chilly! I know what you mean about throwing off your Disney clock - we went to DHS first for SWW, and decided we had to get to MK, if only for awhile!

Glad to see you were able to meet so many Intercotees today. COOL! :thumbsup: On to the next installment - where it will hopefully be warmer! :mickey:

wdwgrl377
04-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Another great day! That is soo cool you got to meet Mauimouse!! She's a doll and I love her!
Off to read more!! :thumbsup: