PDA

View Full Version : Better time to go? Mid June or Late Sept

disneyfanfromoz
04-01-2008, 05:29 AM
We are trying to organise our trip to WDW and we can not decide on when to go. The heat does not worry us as we live in a tropical climate so are used to heat, humidity and storms.

We would be looking at end of first week in June for three weeks or middle of September for three weeks (so until early Oct). Crowd wise Sept will be quieter, but will June be really that busy, unbearably busy, will it be more pleasant crowd wise in Septmeber/October. Will the park hours and more rides be open longer in June. We will be travelling with a 7yr old DS.

What are the advantages and disadvantages with the two different times, as I have only been once about 15 yrs ago in Feb and crowds were great then, not too long waiting in line. I really can not imagine how busy it gets. We did go to Disneyland in Mid June for 2 weeks a couple of years ago and did not find that too busy but do not know if there is much of a crowd difference between the two places.

Would really appreciate any advice or recommendations to help in the better time to go and the pros and cons.

Thank you

faline
04-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Most schools are on summer break in the U.S. from some-time in June through July. This is prime vacation time for families and the parks are very crowded during this period of time. Crowds really peak around the 4th of July which is also a major U.S. holiday.

Personally, I'd pick the September into October time frame. Crowds are lower and the weather not quite as hot and humid (though this does fall with hurricane season). While parks might be open as long as during the peak of summer, you'll be able to accomplish more in a shorter amount of time when you don't have to contend with summer lines.

Also, you'd be able to take advantage of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

Through the looking Glass
04-01-2008, 05:06 PM
No brainer here. Late September. Low crowds, less kids. ADR's are a breeze. Into October the MNSSHP, which is just too much fun. OOO I envy you!!!

disneyfanfromoz
04-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Thank you both so much for your replies.

Yes, My head does tell me that September would be the better time to go. The dilema lies in that we have made the decision to go, chosen the resort, the meal package etc, flights organised and we are sooooooooo excited, that waiting till September feels like forever. I would actually love to go next week!:party:

So thank you, we should go in September, but I have a child that is already waking up in the mornings saying "so, when we are at WDW, when I walk up to the curtains in our room and open them like this (and opens the curtains), I will see giraffes and other animals outside my window", I reply "Yes you will", "OHHHH that is soooo cool". I don't know that I can stand hearing that daily for the next 5 and a half months. But will probably go September.

hubbyofadisneyholic
04-01-2008, 08:11 PM
I would definitely go with the September - October dates.

Much less crowded and a lot less rain. :thumbsup:

We usually start planning our next trip while on the way home from WDW so I understand the anticipation factor!!:D

mickeys_princess_mom
04-01-2008, 09:51 PM
I know the waiting is so hard, but I think you'll be happy you waited till September...(Can you get in on the free dining?....) It really does get crowded in mid-summer, and I think your son will enjoy it much more when it's easier to walk right on the rides, and cooler. Maybe you could have some "countdown" special activities to help you pass the time till then; there are several mentioned on posts here, and we'll help you figure some out. :wave:
:welcome: to Intercot!

AdventurelandTikiGirl
04-01-2008, 10:19 PM
I agree with what everyone has said about September being the better option. Just think, when September comes you'll be happy that you're trip is coming and not sad that it's over!

:ccat:

GrmGrninGost
04-01-2008, 11:21 PM
Any time is great, as long as you go! My personal favorite months are Sept. and Oct.. The weather is usually great, the crowds are fairly low, you may be able to get in on the free dining plan and they have Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! For me, the party makes it worth the wait! It is fantastic! If I were going to be there three weeks, I'd go at least once a week! Of course, that's just me! :mpumpkin: But, either time you pick, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time! :mickey:

NJ Camper
04-02-2008, 12:10 AM
I agree i think if i could just stay there forever it would be great but if i had to pick between june and sept i would DIFFENTLY go with sept no doubt in my mind we did a summer trip once it got so hot we spent lots of time in our room or in the pool between heat and crowds it was unbarable unless i had no choice wouldn't do that ever agian plus the animals in AK are more active i say this cause it sounded like you have booked AKL or plan on it the animals are more active either earlier in morning or when it gets a little cooler so sept should be perfect good luck ,have fun and enjoy the magic of Disney :mickey:

GrumpyFan
04-02-2008, 10:20 AM
June: Weather: Hot, Crowds: High

Sep: Weathere: Mild, Crowds: Low to Moderate

We've been a few times in September and think it's one of the best times to go. However, I must warn you, that for the last 2 (maybe 3) years, Disney has run a special for free Disney Dining Program. This is good and bad. Obviously, the good is that it's free. The bad is that it causes all the restaurants to fill up their ADRs very quick. In fact, I heard a podcast recently that the restaurants are already starting to be booked for this even though Disney hasn't announced it yet.

Tygger7
04-02-2008, 10:51 AM
I totally agree with the other posters....I'd pick September. You will get to do so much more, and your time will be even more enjoyable not having to fight the summer crowds.

Just to give you an idea....last time we went in the summer (last week of June, first week of July), even rides that normally do not have long waits had standby lines of 60 minutes. Popular attractions (i.e. Test Track, BTMRR, Space Mountain, etc.) most always had wait times of 90-120 minutes. Even using Fastpasses, it would still take 30-45 minutes of waiting. And that's why we don't go over the summer any more. :D

Bri
04-02-2008, 11:28 AM
I also agree with everyone to go in September. I have never been in June but I have been in July and it was HORRIBLE. You couldn't move and you couldn't get on any rides and it was a waste of money. I know Sept is a long time to wait but we booked our trip in January and we aren't going until December, so it could be worse for you!

DDuck66
04-02-2008, 11:41 AM
I don't know that I can stand hearing that daily for the next 5 and a half months. But will probably go September.

Welcome to the World of Intercot!!! Why do you think we are all on here??? Simply to keep from going crazy before our next trip. Start planning and researching all of the things you want to do, and include your child in the planning process.
By the way, we always go in late September/early October!!! Dont miss the MNSSHP. It is a MUST DO!