PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass and Dining Options?

disneyfanfromoz
04-01-2008, 05:25 AM
We are going to WDW for 21 nights and was thinking of getting an annual pass rather than a 10 day pass plus another pass. If we get the annual pass will we still be able to get the deluxe dining package or options (can't remember the exact name), the meal package with the three meals and two snacks per night?

Thank you

auntfrannie
04-01-2008, 05:56 AM
Getting the annual pass for that long of a stay definitely makes sense! Yes, you can get the deluxe dining plan. That's what I'm doing for my trip later this month: annual pass & deluxe dining! I used DebK at Magical Journeys to put the trip together for me.

LauraF
04-01-2008, 08:52 AM
You might want to check with WDW, as I had heard that the DDP added to an AP was a limited time offer. Depending on when you go the DDP may not be an option. I'm sure someone who knows more about the AP restrictions will be along to clarify.

wdwnomad
04-01-2008, 10:49 PM
What you can probably do is buy the 10 day ticket and use that to upgrade to an annual pass when you get there. You can pay the difference between the 10 pass and the annual pass.

What I am not really sure is the how your package would work. I am pretty sure with U.S. guests the maximum number of days a package can be is 14 days. However, I think foreign guests can book longer. This way you can avoid having to book two separate packages and having to buy extra tickets on the second package that you wouldn't end up using.

Hopefully, someone will come along with more information. If not, I would contact a travel agent in Australia as the longer packages might have to be booked by them.

coloradowendyl
04-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Disney now offers an Annual Passholder package with dining. It is the same package as the Magic Your Way packages, however it does not require you to purchase tickets on it. You purchase the annual passes separately. Disney will require a valid AP at time of check in.

If your dates fall into a period where Ap rates have already been announced, you can book the package with an Ap rate on the room, if available for your dates/resort. Currently the dates for Ap rates are until May 21.

If your dates fall later in the year, you can still book the AP dining package however, the room will be at rack rate until Ap rates are released. When they are released, you can work on applying the AP rate to the room portion of the package if it is available for your dates/resort.

Hope this answers your questions.
Wendy