PDA

View Full Version : Uh...did I miss something?

BrerGnat
03-31-2008, 11:18 PM
So, as a "local", I've just found out about the new Anaheim Garden Walk shopping/dining/retail/hotel project. I know...little late of me. However, while browsing the official site, in the "summary" section, it says this, in regards to location:

Between Katella & Disney Way at Clementine
The property is located between Disney's front gate to The Magic Kingdom and the new California Adventure, and Disney's newly announced Third Park

What is Disney's "newly announced third park"???

WDWizard
03-31-2008, 11:59 PM
They never announced anything, but they definately know that Disney has the intention to build the 3rd park on that site next to GardenWalk.

I think I heard that during the whole resort housing issue, Disney showed off plans for the 3rd gate/resort expansion to Anaheim officials in order to ensure them that they did have plans to expand and that it would be a big obstacle if the housing units were placed there. The idea was to prove to them that the possible expansion would be better for Anaheim than the housing by showing off the lavish 3rd gate/expansion plans as well as releasing DCA expansion plans to the public, and if you think about it, it worked because shortly after that we stopped hearing about the whole housing issue.

As for Garden Walk, most of the restaurants seem to be open and the major shopping district area will open late May. It all looks great so far and will hopefully push Disney into improving Downtown Disney!

BrerGnat
04-01-2008, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the info! I was wondering....

I agree it looks great. I can't believe I didn't even notice this! I drive by there like, weekly, and you'd think it would be visible from the freeway, since it's so close. I guess I'm always busy looking for the Matterhorn. ;)

I'm going to check it out soon. I am part of a "mystery guest" program and got an invitation to do a shop at the Cheesecake Factory there, and that's how I found out about it.

At the very least, it will be nice to have other dining options in the immediate vicinity. I also see that they are planning timeshare units and a hotel as part of the project...that explains Disney's hastened attitude regarding DVC @ Grand Californian...