PDA

View Full Version : In Disney Right Now, Final Thoughts

disneyboy98
03-31-2008, 10:33 PM
Well, on Sunday (yesterday), we made our way back to Saskatchewan and are now starting to get back into a routine. Has "Disney depression" set in? Yes, yes it has. I woke up this morning in my own bed, and while it felt good to wake up in my own bed, there was still that feeling of, "oh, I am back home...that was quick."

I think most of us have been through that feeling before. Your trip just starts, and then POOF, it is all over with and you are back home ready to get on with life. However, to cheer me up, I have my iPod going right now on my stereo and have Epcot BGM music playing, which is helping a bit.

So, final thoughts....hmmmmm, what can you say that has not already been said before about a place like WDW? Magical? Yes. Exciting? Always. Overwhelming? A little bit.

Now that I have a number of trips of under my belt (I have been going since I was 4 and am now 28), this trip, for me will be one of the ones that I will ALWAYS remember. Why? Well, for the very fact that I got to watch Kevin get his first dose of Disney magic after being so patient for a few years as he watched the rest of us talk, breathe, and do all things Disney. I think he finally gets it, and he can’t wait to go back again soon and do some of the things that maybe we didn’t have time to do this year (water parks, other activities, etc.). He says that he really loved it and that his favorites would be Monster’s Inc., Mission Space, and Haunted Mansion. Our hope is that we didn’t wear him out too much on this trip. He put up with his in-laws almost 24/7 and he did a really good job of having a smile on his face the whole time. That should say a lot right there!! Congratulations Kevin on your first (of many) trips.

Now comes the part where we get to discuss the little one…our sweet Chloe. Never ever ever ever ever would I have expected to smile all the time watching her in at WDW. I think she surprised us all in that she did an exceptional job of holding it together. One poster asked if she ever stops smiling. The answer I have for that one is of course she stops smiling…..in her sleep…and sometimes not even then. She was AMAZING. Highlights for her would probably include:

1. Meeting Mickey and Minnie Mouse (I have never seen someone so excited)
2. Her Chef Mickeys experience with all the characters
3. All the attention she received from all the characters during Spectromagic
4. Her stuffed animal collection she gathered throughout the trip
5. Her friends the “ducks” and “trees” She loved all the ducks that were walking around
6. The TTA and It’s a Small World (she came alive and loved it)

Of course there are people out there that say, “Why would you take a baby? It would be too much of a hassle.” To them, I finally get to say, yes, it is a different experience when you are traveling with a baby, but never EVER can you get that feeling of seeing her react the way she did certain things. You just need to have a plan to make it work for you. Plus, baby swap is a dream come true!! USE IT USE IT USE IT!!! It made it so easy for us to get on the attractions without hassle.

Of course, as you can see from the pics, Chloe had so much fun. We know that she won’t remember any of it, but that’s why it is nice to have the pictures for her when she gets older.

Well, I think that wraps it up for us on this trip. I would like to thank all you for following us during our adventures this time and look forward to doing this again. People have asked why I do reports during my vacation time and the easiest thing for me to say is that:

1. I get to relive the day and then can come back to in months later when I want to know what I did on a specific day.
2. I love writing things like this to people who “get it!”
3. Let’s face it, all of us on Intercot need a daily Disney fix, and what better way to say “THANK YOU” to all of you for your suggestions, hints, tips, and advice (especially when we had baby questions).

Our family loves Intercot and this is just our way of giving a bit of the magic back to you during our vacation.

Well, until the next trip, have a super magical “Disney” day!!

thejens
03-31-2008, 11:03 PM
Thank you so much for your reports. They were really fun to read and that Chloe is an angel!

vorchik
04-01-2008, 02:17 AM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! I really enjoyed all your reports!!!

T-Belle
04-01-2008, 08:43 AM
Brett, once again I thank you for taking us along with you and your wonderful family. You really make us feel like we're there with you.

DizNee143
04-01-2008, 09:29 AM
yay!! sounds like you all had a wonderful trip!!
im sad that its over already..i would read your reports while sitting here at work...it was so nice to hear about it...it will be missed!! lol..
thanx for sharing your trip with us!! :mickey:

KylesMom
04-01-2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks for all of the wonderful details and memories you bring to Intercot, Brett. It was especially precious to read about Chloe's first trip, and what magic it brought to all of you. Until next time . . . :thumbsup::mickey:

Tinkerfreak
04-01-2008, 01:12 PM
Your trip reports are so wonderful that I am actually going through the Disney withdrawal with you and I was not even there.
Thank you so much, I felt like you took us all along with you and we thank you for letting us share Chloe's first trip with you. There is just something so magical about experiencing it through a little ones eyes.
Again thanks for taking the time to do live reports, I'm sure there were many nights that you just wanted to fall into bed and it is so nice that you took the time to keep us all involved.

MOJoe
04-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Thank you for taking the extra time to keep us informed. I really enjoyed your "live" trip report. I remember taking my son (now 14)when he was 2, and seeing his fascination with the Disney Ducks. It's funny how an ordinary duck becomes something magical in the eyes of a child. I had almost forgotten that. Thanks for reminding me.

faline
04-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Now you have more people with which you can enjoy many more Disney trips! Thanks for your reports. They are great fun to read!

tinkerbell04
04-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Brett,I have really enjoyed reading all of your reports. Thanks so much for sharing. :)

Tigerinvestigator
04-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Great trip report, I have enjoyed every single one. I replied after the first report and said there is nothing better than just arriving at WDW and knowing you have a full trip ahead of you, and of course there is nothing worse than that "Disney Blues" feeling you get as you are leaving and seeing all of the guests arriving for their vacation. We all know the best way to get over the "Disney Blues" is to reflect and start planning the next trip. I hope the wait is short for you and your family.:thumbsup:

Tigerinvestigator
04-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Great trip report, I have enjoyed every single one. I replied after the first report and said there is nothing better than just arriving at WDW and knowing you have a full trip ahead of you, and of course there is nothing worse than that "Disney Blues" feeling you get as you are leaving and seeing all of the guests arriving for their vacation. We all know the best way to get over the "Disney Blues" is to reflect and start planning the next trip. I hope the wait is short for you and your family.:thumbsup:

BluewaterBrad
04-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Thanks Brett for your fantastic reports! I am glad your family had a great trip! :mickey:

RocknBev
04-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Thanks again...you write the best trip reports ever. I agree that I too go through Disney withdrawal along with you when you leave because reading your reports is almost like being there! You will never know how excited my friend and I get when we see "disneyboy98" has posted a trip report! :thumbsup: Until the next Disney trip, I hope all your dreams come true!:cloud9:

AmyKane
04-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!! Again another wonderful trip you were so kind enough to take us all on! Everyday was filled with such excitement. Your pictures again were out of this world!
Miss Chloe is so cute!! Her pictures were filled with laughter and joy it is no wonder you all melt around her. How could you not?
Our youngest had first trip when she was at 10 months and it was one trip we will never forget. She acted just like Chloe did and it was exciting to see what she was going to say or do.
Again THANKS!! :mickey:

#1disneyfan
04-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Well I have been waiting for your final trip reports, and I am sad that they are over. I really looked forward to those reports and pics everyday. You brought a little magic into a normal boring day here at home.

I have to tell you that your niece Chloe is absolutely adorable, in case you weren't already aware! Seeing her reactions was heart-warming and I am so glad for her and your family that it was caught on camera. Those are great memories that you can all share for a lifetime, and thanks for sharing them with all of us.

I am glad Kevin had a great first time also. From your reports, he seemed like an old pro pretty quickly!

Just think how exciting future trips will be as Chloe grows! Can't wait for those reports! Until then...

pdrlkr
04-01-2008, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

yjgirl715
04-02-2008, 10:26 AM
I thank you very much for my "Disney Fix". I have an unfortunately long time to wait for my next visit, Sept 09, but at least there is one scheduled. I enjoyed reading your report as it gives me ideas about what to do on our next trip and various things people in my family would like to try or do. SO thanks again for the report.

trapper
04-03-2008, 02:36 PM
OMG! talk about withdrawal...I loved reading your reports and seeing how your niece loved Disney she is absolutely adorable, I will really miss reading your reports. Thanks for writing them.:mickey:

Lodger
04-03-2008, 09:01 PM
I'm really sad that your trip is over. I loved reading your reports and looking at your pictures. They all were terrific. Thank you. I can't wait till your next trip.

dolphinmickey9170
04-04-2008, 12:58 AM
Brett, thank you so much for your awesome reports. We can't wait to hear about your next trip!! Thanks for taking us along with you.:mickey:

Bethis26fan
04-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Sounds like a great trip, thanks for sharing it.

BW Fan
04-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!! Again another wonderful trip you were so kind enough to take us all on! Everyday was filled with such excitement. Your pictures again were out of this world!
Miss Chloe is so cute!! Her pictures were filled with laughter and joy it is no wonder you all melt around her. How could you not?
Our youngest had first trip when she was at 10 months and it was one trip we will never forget. She acted just like Chloe did and it was exciting to see what she was going to say or do.
Again THANKS!! :mickey:

Amy said it all. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Wonderful trip reports. I especially enjoyed the photos. I would be the grandpa in the photos, and I appreciate so much that my family loves to go to Disney World. It made my day to see all your photos with little Chloe. Disney World is special to us all, even more so through the eyes of a child. Thanks again.