PDA

View Full Version : Delayed Opening Day at The Stadium

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-31-2008, 09:20 PM
As you Yankee fans should know by now!:(

We left our house at 8:30 and arrived at The Stadium at 11. It was raining pretty good by then.
They made an announcement that there would be a 1 hour delay at 12:30 or so. They kept making announcements that the weather was going to get better but, it didn't. They called the game around 2:30.
Of course, as soon as they called it it stopped raining until about 4pm or so.
So, the game is going to be tomorrow night at 7:05pm. We are going to get the kids out of school early and head in again. The weather is not much better for tomorrow but, they say any rain should clear out by early evening. We live about 2+ hours away so, we can't exactly wait and see.
My three kids were such troopers today. We walked around inside for awhile and sat on one of the ramps to have lunch. They were cold and wet but SO excited to be back at the Stadium!!

One of my good friends is a Police Officer in Florida. He flew up this am just for the game and was flying back home this evening. I felt so bad. He could not change his flight since there is no guarantee we won't have a repeat tomorrow night with the weather.

So..even if you are not a Yankee fan..Can you spare some good thoughts for the rain to get out of here for tomorrow night!! We want to see a game!!!!!!!!!:)

OhToodles!
04-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Here's hoping no rain for you.
The same thing happened to me yesterday. We got in 2.5 innings and then it started pouring - they called it about an hour or so later. So the game's been rescheduled tonight. There's no rain inthe forecast, but it's supposed to be in the 30s!!