PDA

View Full Version : Must do's in Downtown Disney w/ a 3 year old

heatherb
03-31-2008, 08:45 PM
Just looking for suggestions with a 3 year old. We were down in October and did all of the parks, but missed the Downtown area. Any kid-friendly suggestions. We will be back in 2 weeks.

ElenitaB
03-31-2008, 10:56 PM
Three year old boy or girl?

dfamasb
03-31-2008, 11:31 PM
Shop!! Even kids who hate shopping will like the stores downtown disney has to offer, especially Once Upon a Toy. There's a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Also check out the Lego creations and Lego Store. Having your child's silhouette cut makes a nice souvenir. There's a Rainforest Cafe, that can be fun for toddlers.

Young@Heart
04-01-2008, 12:09 AM
I think the lego store would be great-he/she can choose the pieces to fill a box with, and there's a HUGE selection. Also, the build your own Mr. Potato Head at World of Disney is so much fun! If you do this, and don't bring your own potato head from home, make sure to open the back and stuff as much as you can inside the potato! :thumbsup:

mook3y
04-01-2008, 01:19 AM
well....

as stated, Mr Potato head is awesome, HUGE hit with our kids. Don't even bother with the "potato" part. They are the same as the ones you can purchase at any toy store or walmart. Especially with a 3 yo, enlist the help of a castmember, they are pros at packing the box and will tape it up for you when you over stuff it ;) my DS4 came back with a couple extras after we had packed it because he was so excited that the CM just tossed it in the bag for him.

They do have My Little Pony too.

This is in the toy store.

Next, my kids around that age loved the pin traders shop.

There is a small train that your toddler will love. $2 or $3.

There is a place where you can purchase an oystyer and they shuck the pearl right there for you. Our kids were fascinated by this. We are collecting 1 or 2 per trip and plan on having a piece of jewelry made some day.

At World of Disney above the entrance on one corner, Stitch squirts at you.

The Lego store.

and believe it or not, the ultimate hit was Disneyquest. We pretty much refuse to let our kids play $1 - $2 video games that they will only have the skills to play for a minute or two. Last year DD3 DS5 had a BLAST being able to play "any" game that they wanted to.

Hope this helps some.

biodtl
04-01-2008, 11:06 AM
My 3 year old loved:

The Lego store (she played outside while her brother shopped), plus looking at all the cool sculptures

The train/carousel

The candy store

The Pin store

Getting squirted outside WOD

Plus, just shopping around

Also - she really enjoyed eating at Rainforest Cafe

elmjimmlm
04-22-2008, 10:27 AM
:blush:I know that this is way off of what everyone else is saying but what pops in my head is Stitch...He is on top of WOD and he "spits" down on you...My kids love this...Just a thought...