PDA

View Full Version : What's the Most Uplifting Song?

jeddalynn
03-31-2008, 08:29 PM
:pipes: Just wondering what people think the most uplifting song (Disney or otherwise) people like to listen to when they're blue is. Does anyone have one that's special to them? :piano:

poeticeclipse
03-31-2008, 08:42 PM
Here Comes the Sun by The Beatles

yjgirl715
03-31-2008, 09:02 PM
Well of course "It's a small world"!!! Actually I really do like Disney musice when i'm feeling down. Plus my DS4 thinks it's funny when I sing- at least he's not holding his ears closed.

jeddalynn
03-31-2008, 09:13 PM
Huh! I've never heard "Here Comes the Sun" but I just listened to it. What a sweet song. Thanks poeticecpilse!!!

princessimagineer
03-31-2008, 09:14 PM
darn, i was gunna use the "its a small world" joke... i guess you got there first...

k now my serious answers:

Disney: "Be Our Guest" idk why, its just puts me in my happy place

non Disney: "Only the Good Die Young" Billy Joel... idk its a fun song!

mugley
03-31-2008, 09:21 PM
I would defiantly have to say Zip-a-dee-doo-da! It is like the song of songs, the master of music, its a good song. Just the reading lyrics would lift you up! :)

chicklittlemom
03-31-2008, 11:08 PM
Love this thread and everyone's answers!

Here's mine:

Disney: "Hakuna Matata"- Why? It means no worries! :simba:

Non-Disney: "When I am King" by Great Big Sea- Why? It's Utopia and I am King!!! :prince:
(That means I get The Castle- maniacally LOL)

Dakota Rose
03-31-2008, 11:38 PM
Pretty much any Disney music will cheer me up. But usually when I'm having the blues, I like to listen to "Better Days" by Point of Grace. Or "Brave" by Nicole Nordeman. And "chick music" always makes me smile so "Any Man of Mine" or "Man I feel like a woman." Hmmm...I have lots of cheer me up songs, I hope that doesn't mean I have the blues a lot!

wendy*darling
04-01-2008, 08:38 AM
Most Disney music cheers me up instantly. I especially like park music- as it instantly transports me to my favorite place. :mickey:
Without spending too my time thinking about it- Illuminations and Tapestry of Nations parade music are sure to brighten me up!

Non-Disney music- almost anything by Bruce Springsteen or the Beatles- and I can sing 90% of of them by heart! (although you may not want to hear me ;) )
But the biggest cheer-up and get-up-and-move song would be Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!" :clappy:

Jeri Lynn
04-01-2008, 10:08 AM
I would have to say My Favorite Things from the Sound of Music...which was on all last weekend and I watched it three times!:mickey:

Julie Andrews was on Regis and Kelly this morning, she looks like such a wonderful lady!

Ian
04-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Huh! I've never heard "Here Comes the Sun" but I just listened to it. What a sweet song. Thanks poeticecpilse!!!Hmmmm ... never heard Here Comes the Sun ... your parents are derelict in their duties if you're old enough to post on a discussion board but you've never heard Here Comes the Sun!!

Just kidding ... well ... not really ...

Anyway, when I'm down I tend to want to here more melancholy songs. I guess the misery in the song lyrics makes me feel better about my own situation (you know, the old misery loves company story).

I tend to listen to some more of Peter Gabriel's mellow stuff (Mercy Street, Don't Give Up, songs like that). I may also go with a little James Taylor or something like that.

But sometimes I'll go upbeat and then it's almost always U2. Something with a little zip to it ... maybe City of Blinding Lights or something from Achtung Baby.

For Disney songs, how can you not love Zip-A-Dee-Do-Dah? I mean you want to talk upbeat??

prprincess
04-01-2008, 10:31 AM
I think hearing ANY Disney song puts me in a good mood.

The non-Disney song that gets me is by a Spanish group named Chambao called "Pokito A Poko" and it's basiacally about living life to the fullest. It always gets me. :)

DisneyDog
04-01-2008, 10:48 AM
I was going to say "Here comes the sun". Always makes me feel good, especially at this time of year when the flowers are starting to come out. Makes me feel like things are changing and moving forward and will get better.

Davyjones
04-01-2008, 09:19 PM
My most uplifting song is "You Raise Me Up" by Josh Groban. What a great voice for such a powerful song!! :thumbsup:

cal5755
04-01-2008, 09:42 PM
You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban has got to be the best uplifting song there is .. I totally agree with that...

As for Disney... The Laughing Place puts me in an instantly better mood. We have it on Karaoke so we can sing with or without vocals lol.... and of course I have to say Reflection from Mulan... this is a song has such a relatable meaning to it.... and my very talented DD sings this one with such emotion and power so it has a super special meaning for me.

DisneyFreak23
04-01-2008, 09:54 PM
NOBODYS PERFECT!! HANNAH MONTANA!! lol not really. i dont mind the song but ugh. dont get me started on hannah.:sick:

I like That's Just The Way We Roll by the Jonas Brothers.:cloud9: its just a happy song with a great beat. I love it.:)

oh and i love listening to the Spectromagic music. love it!:D

PhilHarHarMagic
04-01-2008, 09:57 PM
"A Whole New World" from Aladdin does it for me. Actually, any song from PhilHarMagic does it for me!

IloveDisney71
04-01-2008, 10:13 PM
My favorite Disney song is the theme song from the old Share a Dream parade. I absolutely LOVE that song!!!
I love all Disney music so it's hard to pick just one song.

My favorite non-disney "pick-me-up" song is John Lennon's Imagine. Something about that song just gives me hope.

poeticeclipse
04-03-2008, 04:45 PM
I agree that the old "Share a Dream Come True" is the best. I listen to it and I get tears in my eyes because I just get so happy! haha.

I must add that anything Nsync reminds me of the good old days when people made fun of me for listening to them. Oh, and Spice Girls. Spice Girls music is just so happy and peppy. I can't help but still love it!:thumbsup:

WDWFREAK101
04-03-2008, 08:14 PM
I will have to say, ANYWHERE in the Magic Kingdom at night. There are so many uplifting and powerful noises and sounds throughout the park

jennbunn
04-04-2008, 02:12 AM
well for disney music it is either reflection from mulan or a dream is a wish from cinderella. non disney is you raise me up by josh groban or build me up buttercup. i am also listening to miley cyrus see you again to put me in a better mood.

BostonChic
04-04-2008, 09:56 AM
The old jingle on our hotel TV "zippadee do da Tip for today" ;) just kidding I love "when you wish upon a star" :cloud9: :mickey:

honeybear
04-04-2008, 12:48 PM
How can I narrow it down to just 1 Disney song! Just about all Disney songs are uplifting to me. As far as a non-Disney song, right now it is "Just Fine" By Mary J. Blige.

disneycutie165
06-27-2008, 10:44 AM
"You Raise Me Up" by Josh Groban!

Makes me feel happy!:D