PDA

View Full Version : Planning an Event at WDW - HELP!

rpcwjr
03-31-2008, 02:09 PM
Hi all,
First, I wasn't sure where to put this so if any of you lovely moderators would like to move this post, feel free.

Anyway, my company is going to be attending a conference at WDW this fall (happens to coincide with the IF&WF - YEAH!) and as part of that conference, we are doing an event for our clients who will be attending.

We are looking at a dinner in the American Pavilion followed by the private area viewing of IllumniNations. The problem with this is, for 50 people it is becoming quite expensive. We're not a huge company with tons of money for entertainment unfortunately.

Has anyone ever attended a corporate private type event at the World? Any suggestions or ideas? Anything you can tell me would be great! Thanks so much for any help you can give us.

Rob

faline
04-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Are there other options that might be less expensive for your company? It seems to me that Disney's corporate sales should be able to give you some ideas based on your corporate budget.

TheRustyScupper
04-01-2008, 01:28 PM
1) Renting any venue within a park is a major expense.
2) Maybe forget about dinner and pay for a dessert party during Illuminations.
3) Other than that, maybe dinner at a resort restaurant, then a dessert party.
4) Any way you look, at it, it's gonna be big bucks.
5) As mentioned above, give Corporate Sale a budget and see what they can do.

Duchess99
04-01-2008, 07:23 PM
I think your best bet will be to forgo the dinner and host a cocktail party in the private viewing area. You can have heavy passed hors d'ouevres and dessert which will be very filling.
This will definitely cut down the cost, but still have the WOW factor :eyes:

Mfarquar
04-01-2008, 11:18 PM
I believe I checked out a private dessert viewing of Fantasmic a few years ago, and I remember correctly that was the cheapest/one of the cheapest option/s. It was at the back, highest part of the amphitheater on a private patio. It might be worth checking out. Unfortunately, Disney events are $$$$$$$$. You may want to also check out buying out a fireworks cruise, depending on the size of your group...

rpcwjr
04-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Thanks, everyone. I did tell the conference coordinator at my company what you all said. I think we're still looking around at the options. I bet the viewing with dessert would be way fun and definitely it is cheaper. One of the things we looked at was taking out liquor at the Illuminations dessert which helped a bit. I think it will all come together.

The biggest thing that I told the coordinator was to NOT host something in a ballroom in the Contemporary (where the conference is being held) because it would not be special. I also told the CEO of the company to such fork over the dough to do the night right. ;)

Thanks again for your help!