PDA

View Full Version : Mom and Daughter Day

Disney Maniac
03-30-2008, 08:51 PM
Hi Everyone!! We have a trip booked for July 20th to July 26th at the Polynesian and I have a quick question for everyone!! One day during our trip my dad and brother are going to go to the waterparks but me and my mom don't want to go. So what would be a fun thing for me and my mom to do?? I will be 14 just so everyone knows because I know some tours have age restrictions!! So give me some good ideas!! Thanks!!!:mickey:

KineGirl
03-30-2008, 09:03 PM
What about some shopping at DTD?!? How can you go wrong there? Maybe grab some lunch at Rainforest Cafe? A Characuture (Sp?)? Be sure to check out the Arriba Bros glass blower! You can also wander over to PI over to the Magic Shop & House of Blues giftshop (& maybe DQ?) at Disney Westside

Have fun!

I just noticed your dates ... we are going July 21- 27!!

thejens
03-30-2008, 11:50 PM
Hmmm...The Grand Floridian has a spa, though I some like the one at Saratoga Springs more and that one is near DTD. A pedicure and foot massage would probably be really nice! How about the Segway Tour at Intercot and then shop, eat and browse your way through the world. The water parks really are fun if you haven't tried one before. You and your mom could have girl time in the lazy river and let boys splash. I've always wanted to go resort hopping. Visit the resorts, check out the gift shops, peek at the pool and have a bite to eat. I'll definitely have to wait until my boys are grown before I get to do that! Have fun with your Mom. I'm sure you will always treasure the memory no matter what you do!

azdisneymom
03-31-2008, 10:18 AM
My dd and I did the same thing. I would suggest the Backstage Safari or Wild by Design tour at AK and the Finding Nemo Show by Dinoland. Take your time, enjoy all sights and shopping. Have lunch or dinner at someplace new.

The best part of our time was all the new things we tried together. Some were fun, some were a waste of time. But we did it together and only we share those memories.

biodtl
03-31-2008, 10:39 AM
How about tea at the Grand Floridian? It wouldn't take all day, but you could combine it with spa, salon, or shopping.

KathyMJ
03-31-2008, 11:50 AM
Here's another vote for Afternoon Tea at the GF. My daughter and I look forward to this on each trip! It's always special.
Also, how about having a mom/daughter charicature sketch done at either MK or Downtown Disney. Those are always fun to look at for years to come!!!

Disney Maniac
03-31-2008, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the great ideas!! Keep them coming!!

Duchess99
03-31-2008, 06:50 PM
Another vote for the spa.
I've been to both the Grand Floridian and Saratoga Springs and I like Saratoga much more. From there you can have a nice lunch on the patio at the Turf Club or head over to DTD for lunch at the Rainforest Cafe or one of the other restaurants. Make sure to take the boat over. Then shop til you drop!

KAT1811
03-31-2008, 09:17 PM
I like the tea idea at the GF but to go to the spa seems like a waste to me (just my opinion). That you can do at home.

I would say spend the day at your and mom's favorite park (for my mother and I it would be Epcot). My mother and I spent the day just wandering around the shops in the countries at Epcot, stuck in all the great rides and then had a great dinner at Le Cellier just before we watched Illuminations.

I would do something you can only do in WDW. You can do spa days at home.