PDA

View Full Version : Favorite ESPN Commercial?

Davyjones
03-30-2008, 06:23 PM
I wasn't sure whether to post this in "The Locker Room" or in "Movies, TV, Music and Musicals". So I figured the sports forum would be best since it concerns ESPN. Sorry to the mods if it's in the wrong forum!

I was just wondering what everyone's favorite ESPN commercial is. You know, the ones featuring the anchors and athletes. Do you have a favorite one?

Mine is the one that came out many years ago with Brandi Chastain and some NBA players (I think Kevin Garnett was one of them). They're feverishly playing foosball in the lounge and Brandi scores. Then they all stop and look at her. She asks them what's up, and they say to her "What's up with the shirt?" (referring, of course, to her goal celebration in the Women's World Cup 1999). She crosses her arms and says "No!" loudly. I still die laughing when I see it online.

Is there one that you all count as your favorite? :)

Melanie
03-31-2008, 08:25 AM
There are so many good ones!

I think the one with Richard Simmons is hilarious. It's great he can poke fun at himself.

I also like the Boston "Three" Party (HUH!), the Manning family touring the studio, Hip Hip Jorge and the Dale Jr. computer one.

I also like the one with the Wake Forest Demon Deacon (for obvious reasons), David Wright, Neil Everett and someone else ?, although I've never understood the purpose of the Deacon being there. :confused:

Fun topic!

stitchbag1
03-31-2008, 09:40 AM
My favorite one is the Manning family tour. I laugh everytime I see that one!!

I also like the "running of the sausages" with the Miller Park(Brewers) Sausage racers.

DizHawk
04-29-2008, 12:10 AM
The Manning family one is funny, but the best one ever was the Y2K test one where Charley Steiner has his tie wrapped around his head and yells "FOLLOW ME! FOLLOW ME TO FREEDOM!"

Epc0tphr34k
04-29-2008, 06:54 AM
As much as I hate to say it because i really dislike David Ortiz. I like the one where he is showing jorge posada how to break in his hat and then wally gets mad at him for wearing the yankees hat.

Stich8818
05-05-2008, 04:38 PM
I like the Lebron James coming into the office and Scott Van Pelt has Lebron's "King James" chair and LeBron asking scott if he has seen his chair. The Manning Family Tour is great. I think the best one of all has to be the and I dont know if it was for the magazine or the channel it self...A guy and girl are on a blind date and he asks were she went to school and she says Michigan .."Go blue"...And he bails out of the car and he rolls down the hill and yells...GO BUCKS!!!.....This also hits home for me cause I am an OSU diehard...and my wife....Michigan die hard...