PDA

View Full Version : Please Help With ADRs

KAT1811
03-30-2008, 01:48 PM
I am helping DH's counsin plan her first trip to WDW with her family. She and her DH have twin boys 8 years old. I have three girls so I am a little blind in the boy department. I tried to find things that I thought are appealing to boys. They are traveling September 20 - 27, the proposed "free dining" period and they missed their 180 day window (I just found out they are going and made their ADRs ASAP after I found out). They are staying at Coronado Springs. Here is what I came up with:

Saturday 9/20 - Arrival. No meals planned as flight lands at 6:30pm.

Sunday 9/21 - Breakfast at Main Street Bakery. Dinner at Crystal Palace :tigger: (I tried to get LLT but they were booked for the time frame they are looking for).

Monday 9/22 - Breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. Dinner at Tutto Italia :eat: (I tried for Le Cellier but they were booked, of course).

Tuesday 9/23 - Breakfast at Pepper Market. Dinner at 'Ohana :tikki: . (Then off to MNSSHP).

Wednesday 9/24 - Breakfast at Donald's Safari Breakfast :elephant: . Dinner in DTD hopefully at T-Rex (or Rainforest Cafe if T-Rex isn't open yet).

Thursday 9/25 - Breakfast at Starring Rolls Cafe. Dinner at Sci-Fi :car: .

Friday 9/26 - Breakfast at Chef Mickey's. :mjump: Dinner at Coral Reef :fishbowl: .

Saturday 9/27 - Depart WDW. Breakfast at Pepper Market.

What do you guys think. I don't want to overwhelm them with transfering inbetween parks and resorts for meals too much because they are largely unfamiliar with WDW. I also wanted to try to find some of the more entertaining venues for them. We vetrans begin to focus on better meals while in WDW but I want them to have more fun on this trip. Any suggestions and comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help. :rocks:

pdrlkr
03-30-2008, 02:15 PM
I think you made great choices! :thumbsup:

jenny1976
03-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Hey!
I think your choices are wonderful! I have three nephews myelf and just wanted remind you that a visit to Disney Quest should be in order, maybe on the day they arrive, even if just for a while. Maybe it would also be convenient on a short day like AK. My nephews love it, even when they are tired!!! Boys will be boys...
There are my 2 cents...Hope they enjoy!

Jeff G
03-31-2008, 10:26 AM
The only suggestion I have is to possibly move the diner on the night for MNSSHP to a lunch. The doors officially open at 4:00. For us the party always seems to get busiest after 8:00 so the key is to be there ealry to get the most bang for the buck. Could you move Ohana's to another night?

We have diner at the Sci-Fi that same Thursday night:mickey:.

javamama
04-01-2008, 01:20 AM
Looks good but I agree the MNSSHP can you do dinner at Crystal Palace instead of at the Poly? Since they'll be at MK for the party anyways? And if the T-Rex place isn't open yet, I think they have the Pirate resturant in DTD I've never eaten there but boys love pirates--at least my 4 year old does:D You did a great job for them!

KAT1811
04-01-2008, 08:54 AM
They really wanted to try 'Ohana and I already had them eating at CP on their first full day there when they will already be in the MK (and being the boys first trip I thought that they would be reluctant to leave even if it is only for dinner and then come back). I figured that they could do the water park for a few hours (mom does not like water parks so I do not forsee them being there all day) go back to the resort, get ready for MNSSHP and then head off to the MK, jump on the monerail (also a first) ride around to the Poly, have dinner and then jump back onto the monerail and off to the MK for MNSSHP.