PDA

View Full Version : 9 Days to Go with Questions

avenueqpat
03-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Hi All!!!!!

Anybody that has any other ideas on my basic schedule I would love comments if anything seems unrealistic, or even if it seems like a good plan.

Trip Dates - April 8th (Land at 1) to April 11th (6 AM Departure) - So I really have 2 1/4 days to go around the parks.

Hotel - Disney All Star Sports Resort - I wanted the music because I am a musician, but this will end up better as the busses pick up from this one first in the All Star Circut to get to the parks.

Day 1 - EMH EPCOT MORNING (Does Not Apply to Me)

Depart Albany, NY at 6:30 AM, 3.5 hour layover at JFK (ICK - No fun, but it gave me a very budget friendly $150 round trip ticket on Delta which is a GREAT deal), arrive at Orlando Airport at 2 PM.

My hope is that I will arrive at my resort about 4 PM at the latest with the Magical Express Shuttle.

I will have a carry-on bag packed with a change to warm clothing and will make a quick change in my room and then head to the Bus Stop. Grab snack at Hotel.

What would be the easiest way to get from the All Star Sports resort to Disney Hollywood Studios? OH I ALSO NEED TO GET MY THEME PARK TICKETS? Do I do that on check-in at the hotel or no I need to go to the TTC
Once I get into this park, my main reason for going there today is to check out Fantasmic - it starts at 8:30 PM. I don't really care about awesome seats, as long as I can see something, and get there as close to start time as possible.

Any suggestions for the best spot to stand or sit durring this where I can walk over to the viewing area as close to the showtime (8:30) as possible?

The rides I would like to hit are Tower of Terror, Rockin Roller Coaster, and Star Tours. The other 2 (longer) things I would like to see are Drew Careys Sounds Dangerous (Optional) and The Great Movie Ride (Optional).

It will be a big squeeze to fit these in before an 8:30 show if I only get to the park at 5 or 6. This is my thought, I think I will try to go in and go to the left, check out the Wait Time for the Drew Carey show, and if it starts quickly, then go there first, otherwise hit Star Tours, and depending on what time I get off, either go back to the Movie, or move on. Snap a few qictures in front of the hat, then go to the Great American Movie tour. After that, make my way over to ToT and RnRC and take a look at the wait times, and hit whichever is LONGER first, and if I miss the other one - go back on day 2 or 3. Any thoughts?

If I am not exhausted from my early morning flight I may take a little trip to Downtown Disney or Pleasure Island, but that will not be anything planned.

Day 2 - EMH Night Time Animal Kingdom
Magic Kingdom --- 9A -10P
Epcot ----- 9 to 7 Future World 11-9 World Showcase
Animal Kingdom --- 9A - 10P
Hollywood Studios --- 9 - 8:30P

OK - Thoughts for Today - 6 AM Wakeup - Hotel Breakfast, Shower - Shave, All that fun stuff, and be waiting for a bus by 7:30 to FUTURE WORLD!

Another how to get to the Park from Disney All Star Resorts to Epcot
Must Rides - Soarin, Mission Space.

I think it will just be one then the other, I don't think it will matter which one I go on first - as the line for the 2nd will be a longer wait - I think I will like Soarin more, so I may go to that, Ride it, get a fast pass for later in the day, and then go over to Mission Space.

Then I want to take a nice leisurely stroll around the Pavillions and see if I can get some Character photos and grab lunch at one of them. I was also told I should check out the "Cokes from around the world"

Does anybody know which are this is housed in?

I think this will take me up to about 2 PM, and then I would head back over to Hollywood studios to hit up the rides that I missed (if any) from the night before. If not I will probably go right to the Animal Kingdom.

Thoughts on how to get from the Following places...
Epcot to Hollywood
Hollywood to Animal Kingdom
Epcot to Animal Kingdom

In the Animal Kingdom, my must hit is Expidition Everest. I also would like to see Tough to be a Bug. Anything else is just icing on the cake.

Day 3 - MAGIC KINGDOM ALL DAY

EMH Opens the Park at 8A - 12 Midnight

I have no idea of my plan or must rides yet but I want to get lots of pictures, and if I start to get bored, I might try to re hit favorite attractions from other parks, but this is my main reason for going.

Day 4 - Up at ready to leave by 4:30A for a 7:30A flight home.

I would love to hear thoughts, comments, suggestions, or anything else that might help my trip go smoothly.

I have tried to only pick a few attractions in each park that are must sees for me, so I can try to hit everything. Character photos will be fun, as will general park pictures, but my main reason for going is the Magic Kingdom and hopefully some great princess shots!

jeddalynn
03-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Since you're staying on property your room key (your "key to the world") will serve as your key to get into the parks!

Be careful about going from one park to another too many times in one day. Commuting can eat up a lot of time.

Regarding going from your hotel to whichever park you want to get to, just go to the bus terminals out front and wait for the bus that's going to the park you want. Its a really simple system and if you're confused just ask someone.

There's a lot on your list. I don't know enough to tell you if it's a feesible plan, but I'm sure someone else will. Good luck!!

DisneyDudet
03-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Hotel - Disney All Star Sports Resort - I wanted the music because I am a musician, but this will end up better as the busses pick up from this one first in the All Star Circut to get to the parks.

What would be the easiest way to get from the All Star Sports resort to Disney Hollywood Studios? OH I ALSO NEED TO GET MY THEME PARK TICKETS? Do I do that on check-in at the hotel or no I need to go to the TTC

If you don't want your tickets on your room key, you can purchase your tickets at ANY park, not just the TTC. If the DHS is your first stop, you can purchase your tickets here. The only way to get to the parks from your resort is bus, unless you have a rental (which it seems you don't) or cab (money). Your resort will have a bus to MK, Epcot, DHS, AK, DTD, and the water parks.

Once I get into this park, my main reason for going there today is to check out Fantasmic - it starts at 8:30 PM. I don't really care about awesome seats, as long as I can see something, and get there as close to start time as possible.

Any suggestions for the best spot to stand or sit durring this where I can walk over to the viewing area as close to the showtime (8:30) as possible?

You can spend time on Sunset Blvd and be in the general area of the show area. You said you were wanting to do RnRC and ToT. If lines aren't long, this would be the best time to do these! Many people report being able to just walk up and be in standing room only for Fantasmic. If you can stand that long, this is the best way to do it. Less waiting time, plus you are one of the first people out!!!

The rides I would like to hit are Tower of Terror, Rockin Roller Coaster, and Star Tours. The other 2 (longer) things I would like to see are Drew Careys Sounds Dangerous (Optional) and The Great Movie Ride (Optional).

It will be a big squeeze to fit these in before an 8:30 show if I only get to the park at 5 or 6. This is my thought, I think I will try to go in and go to the left, check out the Wait Time for the Drew Carey show, and if it starts quickly, then go there first, otherwise hit Star Tours, and depending on what time I get off, either go back to the Movie, or move on. Snap a few qictures in front of the hat, then go to the Great American Movie tour. After that, make my way over to ToT and RnRC and take a look at the wait times, and hit whichever is LONGER first, and if I miss the other one - go back on day 2 or 3. Any thoughts?
Personally, since you said that Sounds Dangerous (which I never liked, but that's my opinion) and GMR are your marked "optional" rides, I would attempt to hit RnRC and ToT first. It could be that you can nail one of them out, and still possibly get a FP for the other and ride it after you've attempted your other selections. After you've done one or the other or both, THEN head past Echo Lake and check out othe other attractions on your way to ST. GMR tends to have quite a bit of crowds, especially after one of the VotLM shows is over. I would hit the big ones first. Always, at any park, check out the TIP BOARDs located, usually, in a central location. At DHS, its at the corner of Hollywood and Sunset, a great place, especially for you.

If I am not exhausted from my early morning flight I may take a little trip to Downtown Disney or Pleasure Island, but that will not be anything planned.

If you feel good about this, I would suggest walking to Boardwalk, using the walkway to the left of the bus sops, and catching the DTD bus from there. You will spend a lot of time waiting for your resort bus after Fantasmic, so walking about15-20 min to Boardwalk can kill quite a bit of time! Plus you may be able to catch the tail end of Illuminations from Epcot!

OK - Thoughts for Today - 6 AM Wakeup - Hotel Breakfast, Shower - Shave, All that fun stuff, and be waiting for a bus by 7:30 to FUTURE WORLD!

As said before, pretty much the only option is bus.

I think it will just be one then the other, I don't think it will matter which one I go on first - as the line for the 2nd will be a longer wait - I think I will like Soarin more, so I may go to that, Ride it, get a fast pass for later in the day, and then go over to Mission Space.

This is what we usually do. That way, you get two rides in with little to no wait! We hit Soarin, then go to either MS or TT, the back to Soarin. A don't miss in Future World is the newly revamped Seas with Nemo and Friends! The ride there is pretty awesome!!

Then I want to take a nice leisurely stroll around the Pavillions and see if I can get some Character photos and grab lunch at one of them. I was also told I should check out the "Cokes from around the world"

Club Cool is located across from Innoventions East (if I have directions right!), right outside of the Fountain of Nations. Its fun to do! You HAVE to try the Beverly! :secret:

I think this will take me up to about 2 PM, and then I would head back over to Hollywood studios to hit up the rides that I missed (if any) from the night before. If not I will probably go right to the Animal Kingdom.

Epcot to Hollywood
Epcot to Animal Kingdom
Epcot to DHS-walk the walkway, or take Friendships from the International Gateway between the UK and France in the WS. It takes a little longer to take the boats, but since you are having a really busy trip, the rest for your feet might be appreciated.
DHS to AK- Bus only. There will be a marked stop for AK.
Epcot to AK- depending on where you are in Epcot, you can either go out the International Gateway (if you are in the WS or close to the UK part of the WS), and walk to the Beach Club resort, and take the AK bus from there. If you are in Future World, go out the main entrance and take a left to the buses, and catch the AK bus from there!

In the Animal Kingdom, my must hit is Expidition Everest. I also would like to see Tough to be a Bug. Anything else is just icing on the cake.

I would check the Tip Board just across the bridge to see the wait time for EE and if there are any FP's left. There maybe no more FPs left, but no worries! You can either wait in the great standby line, or head to the single rider line! This past trip, there were three of us, and we used the single rider line every time! Most of the time, my parents sat together! This is a great feature (which is also used at TT in Epcot), and usually has little to no wait.

It's Tough To Be A Bug will most likely be open during your EMH, so you can hit that then, as well as Dinosaur, which I like a lot! If you still have time before it stops running (usually not an evening EMH ride), check out the Kilamanjaro Safaris for some animal fun!

I have no idea of my plan or must rides yet but I want to get lots of pictures, and if I start to get bored, I might try to re hit favorite attractions from other parks, but this is my main reason for going.

I would love to hear thoughts, comments, suggestions, or anything else that might help my trip go smoothly.
I find this a very feesable plan, if you don't mind missing some things in the process. My mother and I did two partial days at all 4 parks and DTD in Jan 2006, so its doable! You'll be tired afterwards, but so worth it!
:mickey:

avenueqpat
03-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Thanks so much for all the info.

I think that I would be happy just doing the Magic Kingdom on the trip for 16 hours (with any breaks if I want any) so the other stuff is just pure fun!

irish1967
03-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Here is what I would do with TOT/RNRC

Check out the wait time/fast pass return time at the information center (which you will pass on the way to TOT/RNRC) and make a decision which one you want to fast pass and which one you will stand in line for. Since the attractions are literally right next to each other, you don't need to go out very far out of your way to pick up the FP.

Either way, keep your ears open in TOT - the CMs often call out for smaller parties to fill up the elevators - which can shorten your wait time somewhat.

MOJoe
03-31-2008, 03:20 PM
DisneyDudet gave some pretty good advice. But, with such a limited timeframe, i would change the plan a little.
You should be able to get to the Studios by 4 or so. I would hit Star Tours first, and then the Great Movie Ride, if the wait is less than 30 minutes. Skip Sounds Dangerous, unless Drew Carey is a relative, and you "Have To Say" you enjoyed his show at WDW next time you see him. Instead, if you have time, you should try to catch the last Indy Jones Stunt Show. Afterwards, trek over to the other side of the park for Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. You should be able to do both of these right before getting a standing room only seat at Fantasmic.
Next day, instead of catching the first bus to Epcot, go to AK. Since you only want to see Everest and Bug, if you are one of the first few in the park, you could be back on a bus to Epcot by 10. That leaves a full day for Soarin, Mission Space, Test Track and the rest. Best of all, you will get to see Illuminations.
A full day at Magic Kingdom will be the perfect end to a fast, yet fun filled trip. Enjoy it. And tell Mickey to expect to see me and my family on the 12th! :mickey:

Duchess99
03-31-2008, 06:40 PM
:welcome:

Hi All!!!!!

Anybody that has any other ideas on my basic schedule I would love comments if anything seems unrealistic, or even if it seems like a good plan.

Trip Dates - April 8th (Land at 1) to April 11th (6 AM Departure) - So I really have 2 1/4 days to go around the parks.

Depart Albany, NY at 6:30 AM, 3.5 hour layover at JFK (ICK - No fun, but it gave me a very budget friendly $150 round trip ticket on Delta which is a GREAT deal), arrive at Orlando Airport at 2 PM.

My hope is that I will arrive at my resort about 4 PM at the latest with the Magical Express Shuttle.

I will have a carry-on bag packed with a change to warm clothing and will make a quick change in my room and then head to the Bus Stop. Grab snack at Hotel.

The only way to get from All Star Sports to anywhere else in the world is by bus. There are separate buses to each of the 4 major parks, DTD and the water parks. You don't need to go to the TTC for your tickets. Your park ticket will be included on your hotel room key when you check in!

There is a standing area in the back of the Fantasmic! stadium. The view is quite good from there, but the only downside is that you're standing :) Also, try and squeeze in at the end of one of the rows when you arrive. I've always arrived at Fantasmic! near showtime and have never had a problem getting a seat or a standing spot.

When you first arrive check the time board and see what you're in for. I think your plan is good, but I would bypass Drew Carey. It's an ok show, but GMR is much better and if you have time check out the Muppets. I'd do RnRC and ToT right before Fantasmic since they are all located next to each other. Hey who knows, if there's no waits you might be able to get a couple of rides in:thumbsup:

If you go to PI, make sure to check out the Adventurers Club! Kungaloosh!

Bus again...

Actually, the line for Soarin will be longer. I would definitely head there first. Grab a fast pass while you are there so you can ride it again :) Check out Living with the Land while you are in the Land Pavillion. While on that side of FW, go to the Living Seas with Nemo and friends. Then head over to Mission: Space and make sure to do Test Track. You should be able to get on both of these fairly quickly using the single rider line (this will be your best friend through out the trip!)

Club Cool is located in Innoventions West.

Epcot to Hollywood
Epcot to Animal Kingdom

You should be able to get everything in at DHS the day before, so I wouldn't waste the time now going back. You want to get as much time in the daylight at AK as possible.
If you are in World Showcase, you're better off taking the International Gateway (between England and France) and walking to the Beach Club. Take the bus from from there to AK. It is a long walk to the buses at Epcot.

I'd start by doing Kilimanjaro Safari and the walkthoughs (Pangani & Maharajah) first. They really are worth doing and need to be done when it's light out. With EE, you should be fine with the single rider line. You should do It's Tough to Be a Bug and Dinosaur while you are there...you should have plenty of time to get it all in.

I have tried to only pick a few attractions in each park that are must sees for me, so I can try to hit everything. Character photos will be fun, as will general park pictures, but my main reason for going is the Magic Kingdom and hopefully some great princess shots!

If you use Fastpass and the Single Rider Lines wisely, you should be able to get in more than you think. Good Luck and have fun on your first trip!!!

KAT1811
03-31-2008, 09:42 PM
Hi All!!!!!

What would be the easiest way to get from the All Star Sports resort to Disney Hollywood Studios? The easiest way is to take the bus to DHS from your hotel. OH I ALSO NEED TO GET MY THEME PARK TICKETS? Do I do that on check-in at the hotel or no I need to go to the TTC When you check in purchase your desired ticket and have them add it to your room key, one less thing you have to worry about.

Any suggestions for the best spot to stand or sit durring this where I can walk over to the viewing area as close to the showtime (8:30) as possible? There really isn't a bad seat in the house. I would make sure that I headed over at least a little bit in advance when they reach capacity they close the theater. I'd try to get there at least 1/2 hour in advance.

IMHO Drew Carry I would fit in if time permitted but the rest are great attractions. I would head over to Star Tours depending on the wait time I would either ride or get a Fast Pass and then head over to The Great Movie Ride. Then I would head over to TOT and RNRC. I would get a fast pass for the one with the longest line and then wait in line at the other attraction. Then decide if Drew is possible if you are cutting it too close head over to Fantasmic! and grab a seat.

I would try to hit the Adventurers Club! It is certainly a must do for DH and I on our trips!!

I would head over to Soarin' first and ride that, grab a fast pass for later on in the day and then head over to Mission Space (the wait, in my experience, does not even begin to compare to that of Soarin')

Great idea, I love the World Showcase. The Cokes of the world is in the area over near Test Track and Mission Space (I would also ride Test Track)

Epcot to Hollywood Exit out the World Showcase exit towards the Beach Club and hop on the boat over to the Studios.
Hollywood to Animal Kingdom Not too sure but I have heard that they have busses to other parks, not sure if that is true. If not I would take the bus over to the AKL and then hop the bus to the AK.
Epcot to Animal Kingdom I would walk over to the Beach Club and hop a bus to the AK.

Have a great trip!!!!!