PDA

View Full Version : Cape May Cafe Dinner

kathiep
03-29-2008, 09:01 PM
For our upcoming trip, we've managed to squeeze in some places we haven't been before along with our regular favorites.

What can anyone tell me about the Cape May Cafe Seafood Buffet for dinner?

All thoughts are appreciated.

thejens
03-30-2008, 12:16 AM
We really like this buffet. There is a great variety and a laid back "beach" feel. We do not pay extra for lobster. It is not as exotic as Boma or truly gourmet, but the food is good and there are plenty of choices for the non seafood lovers. Desserts were great too. We have been twice and would do it again. They have a nice breakfast buffet also.

Natazu
03-30-2008, 01:22 AM
If you like clams and mussels, this is the place to be. There's more great shellfish than you can shake a stick at. (What does that mean anyway, "more than you can shake a stick at"... is there like somebody walking around measuring the amount of things at which one can safely shake a stick? Are there some OSHA guidelines or something? Help me out here.)
Anyway, yeah, give Cape May Clam Bake a shot. It's a great value.

Hammer
03-30-2008, 09:08 AM
If you like clams and mussels, this is the place to be. There's more great shellfish than you can shake a stick at. (What does that mean anyway, "more than you can shake a stick at"... is there like somebody walking around measuring the amount of things at which one can safely shake a stick? Are there some OSHA guidelines or something? Help me out here.)

Jym, now there are 2 restaurants we disagree on :) . While you have a dislike for Chefs de France, that is how I feel about the Cape May Clambake dinner. It is the only WDW restaurant my sister refuses to eat at again. I gave it a second chance on a solo trip and it was not any better.

For background purposes, let me say my sister and I love mussels and steamer clams and eat them at restaurants quite often. 90% of the clams we ate at Cape May buffet had sand in them. I encountered the same thing when I went back and tried it solo 2 years later. Both times, the mussels were overcooked, which is a shame as the broth wasn't bad. The other food was okay, but nothing I can't get at any other buffet at WDW.

As much as we love the Beach Club, you will not see us returning to that restaurant.

PetefromRI
03-30-2008, 10:27 AM
We really enjoy the Cape May.It's not what I'd call a clam bake,I'm from New England,and believe me,it's not quite like any clam bake we've been to but the food is good,great ribs and we didn't find any sand in the clams or mussels ever and we've been there about 4 times.I'd give it a go.It's a real laidback atmosphere and don't forget to look for the deserts.They have some on the buffet line but there are also real good ones hiding around the corner,you'll see them on your way into the restaurant.

Jared
03-30-2008, 11:55 AM
I agree! Sorry, Christine.

Cape May Cafe is one of my favorite buffets, and I really think it is perfect for seafood eaters.

:tasty:

AdventurerKim
03-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Cape May is my favorite WDW place to eat as buffets and TS places go, with Le Cellier a close second. The Cape May buffet has a great selection of food and a lot of it, and we always eat there on Thanksgiving. The Oreo mousse dessert is to die for!

Natazu
03-30-2008, 04:33 PM
Jym, now there are 2 restaurants we disagree on :) . While you have a dislike for Chefs de France, that is how I feel about the Cape May Clambake dinner. It is the only WDW restaurant my sister refuses to eat at again. I gave it a second chance on a solo trip and it was not any better.

For background purposes, let me say my sister and I love mussels and steamer clams and eat them at restaurants quite often. 90% of the clams we ate at Cape May buffet had sand in them. I encountered the same thing when I went back and tried it solo 2 years later. Both times, the mussels were overcooked, which is a shame as the broth wasn't bad. The other food was okay, but nothing I can't get at any other buffet at WDW.

As much as we love the Beach Club, you will not see us returning to that restaurant.

That's OK, hon. I still love you both. We can always lash it out over some Cracker Barrel next trip. ;)

Hull-onian
03-30-2008, 06:38 PM
Cape May is my favorite WDW place to eat as buffets and TS places go, with Le Cellier a close second. The Cape May buffet has a great selection of food and a lot of it, and we always eat there on Thanksgiving. The Oreo mousse dessert is to die for!
This is great. We will look for desserts first. Then dinner.:funny:
This will be our first time eating at Cape May. Being from New England, we won't be too critical of it. We have some seafood up here that hasn't been too good either. Anyway you look at it, I think it will be a fun dining experience.:thumbsup:

JPL
03-31-2008, 09:26 AM
I have eaten here a few times and it has really has been hit or miss. My first experience the food was great which led to my return and raved about it to friends who along with myself were disappointed. I mean almost to the point of disgusted at the food quality :sick: I gave it another try with great reservation and the food was just OK. I have not returned since.

loopner67
03-31-2008, 09:54 AM
Since we're probably staying at the BC next December (for the first time), we will probably give this dinner a shot! I'm enjoying reading all the responses.