PDA

View Full Version : Question about Room Decorating for Birthdays.

JenniferS.
03-29-2008, 08:54 PM
My twins will be 5 on the day we arrive at wdw!! We would love to have the room decorated w/ ballons, ect.... I saw one website and the starting price was $295.00. Does Disney do anything? I don't mind paying, but that is just way too much money. Any help is greatly appreciated. We are going in Sept.

TheRustyScupper
03-29-2008, 09:53 PM
1) Rooms are not decorated prior to check-in.
2) They can be decorated by ordering from Disney Florist.
3) The Front Desk Runner can blow-up and place 2-3 balloons for each kid.
4) The Runner can also get an autograph photo from a character.

antnyh
03-29-2008, 10:30 PM
We went for our son's third b-day. I called ahead and purchased a PAL Mickey and had the concierge desk put the Mickey in the room and they also gave us a cake and some balloons as well. It was a nice treat for our son. If you don't have a PAL Mickey I'd suggest doing that. P.S. Don't eat the cake they provide....it was gross.

goingbacktodisney
03-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Call ahead to your resort and let them be aware of the birthday. They will have a few balloons sent up with a birthday card signed by one or more characters and Goofy will call an sing happy birthday. This is all done at no charge. Also make sure you stop by the town hall on Main Street at MK or the customer service desk at any of the other parks and they will give out special Birthday Buttons to be warn. Cast members will at least say or sing happy birthday most of the day and sometimes "extra magical" things can happen. I am not sure if the buttons at Epcot are the same as 2 years ago, but the one my daughter got says happy birthday in each native language of the countries represented in the world showcase. Hope this info helped!

JenniferS.
03-31-2008, 07:03 AM
Thanks for the comments.

offwego
03-31-2008, 07:20 AM
Just a note, the ballons and the card from the resort can be hit and miss. We went for mine and my nephews and noted it on the ressies (and it was a grand gathering), no cards no ballons for either of us. However the tables for both our meals that day were decorated.

Disney Florist might be the way to go..you can customize the options they show as well to add different things into them.