PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella's Royla Table - My Thoughts

PSU
03-29-2008, 11:59 AM
Hello

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I recently ate at Cinderella's Royal Table for dinner. Now, it's been a few years since I have been able to do that. While I go to WDW fairly often, I never usually know when exactly I'm going to go or what I'm going to do. I tend to be a walk-up, which in the past was fine, but now it's almost impossible to get in anywhere...but that's another story for another time.
Anyways, I ate there, and it was completely different. I noticed the menu had changed significantly, there must be a new chef since I went. There was also the Fairy Godmother show. Now don't get me wrong, the kids around me liked it, but I just sat there wondering where this all came from. To me, the eating in the castle was the experience. Everyone thought it was cool to eat in the castle It was one of the more upscale dining establishments in the park, and if you were lucky you got to see the fireworks. Now it just seems to have become an almost forced somewhat tacky dining experience. I like dining with characters, but I have places like Crystal Palace and 1900 for that.
All I know is, the place I grew to love and look forward to since I was 3 has changed into a completely different place now that I'm 20. And I miss it.

PSU

ledudes
03-29-2008, 12:28 PM
I can sort of see what you're saying. I haven't eaten dinner there in awhile, but I do remember it feeling special back when we used to do it and we did actually get to see the fireworks somewhat through the windows which was a nice added touch. I love the princess breakfast, but maybe it would be nice for there to be one non-character meal available in the castle. I thought the Godmother just stayed down in the lobby, but I have never been since she has been there. I do always like at least one meal there per trip though. It still reminds me of going as a kid.