PDA

View Full Version : lattes & coffee

goofyfan4466
03-29-2008, 10:54 AM
is there anywhere in the world to get lattes ? my wife likes lattes,but not so much coffee.i prefer coffee . i know the only place to get decent coffee is at the kona.is there anywhere else in the world to get good coffee & lattes ? thanks in advance

KineGirl
03-29-2008, 11:00 AM
omg yes! FountainView Cafe in Epcot has an awesome array of gourmet coffees & pastries! Its our first stop after grabbing our Soarin' FPs! I think there is a coffee stand right inside the gates of most parks (at least in the A.M.) ... i believe they sell cappucinos (sp??)

Jonas_Swe
03-29-2008, 11:31 AM
Great topic! :thumbsup:

I have an additional question regarding lattes at WDW. :coffee:

Do they serve soy latte anywhere on WDW property?? :balloon:

gardenia
03-29-2008, 01:10 PM
omg yes! FountainView Cafe in Epcot has an awesome array of gourmet coffees & pastries! Its our first stop after grabbing our Soarin' FPs! I think there is a coffee stand right inside the gates of most parks (at least in the A.M.) ... i believe they sell cappucinos (sp??)

Sorry! The FountainView Cafe no longer serves gourmet coffee and pastries, only ice cream. And Nescafe. Whoever made that decision is an idiot, but there you are...

The best you can do at Epcot is hit one of the coffee carts, they do serve cappuccino and latte. Not as good as Starbucks but okay in a pinch.

KineGirl
03-29-2008, 01:13 PM
oh no!! :sadwave: Thats not Very Disney at all! Well Im sorry for passing on misinformation :( I will really miss fruit tarts and vanilla lattes there

chick20679
03-29-2008, 02:58 PM
I believe the main street bake shop serves lattes as well.

Hull-onian
03-29-2008, 04:09 PM
I was happy to read about Kona Cafe. I'll have two cups of :mcoffee:. Can't wait.

dismommy
03-29-2008, 07:27 PM
What is it with nescafe in the parks? I don't understand tens of thousands of visitors daily no great coffee available though out the parks? Makes no sense.

Johnno52
03-29-2008, 09:08 PM
I am pretty sure you can get them at the BW Bakery (I think its the instant kind though) Which is only a 7 minute walk from Int. Gateway.

Polynesian Dweller
03-29-2008, 09:38 PM
What is it with nescafe in the parks? I don't understand tens of thousands of visitors daily no great coffee available though out the parks? Makes no sense.

It makes lots of sense when one remembers that Nescafe is as Nestle Company product and Nestle is a large corporate sponsor at Disney. The sponsorship gives them the right to be the primary provider. That's corporate sponsorship for you.

Maleficent's Dad
03-29-2008, 10:58 PM
What is it with nescafe in the parks?
Ah, Nescafe... :ack:

While I'm not a fan of Starbucks at all, the coffee at WDW does leave something to be desired...

I know that EPCOT has coffee & lattes available at carts in WS (close to Mexico when you enter WS), I don't recall those carts at other parks. At the Writer's Stop in DHS they serve lattes, the Royal Anandapur at AK serves them, and the Main Street Bake Shope does have some specialty lattes.

pink
03-29-2008, 11:27 PM
This is kind of off topic but is it true that there is a Starbucks instead the Swan and Dolphin hotel? Thanks. :mickey:

momof3+twins
03-30-2008, 03:28 PM
I am not sure if it was a latte. But, we got the best sweeten coffee( is what i will call it because it was not coffee, probably was a latte but not sure) at the Morocco CS in Epcot. We remember that night with fond memories....
We are coffee addicts in this house. Any coffee will do BUT we know good coffee or latte when we find it!!!!!!!

big blue and hairy
03-30-2008, 04:12 PM
This is kind of off topic but is it true that there is a Starbucks instead the Swan and Dolphin hotel? Thanks. :mickey:
Yup...

:sulley:

Belle_0717
03-30-2008, 06:13 PM
There is a great kisok in Epcot's World Shpwcase. They can make it with skim milk. You can ask if they have soy milk available. I aslo love the cafe mocha at Ghiradelli's in DTD.

big blue and hairy
03-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Starring Rolls also has non-Nescafe coffee. I'm not sure what brand, but it's good.

:sulley:

dumbo_buddy
03-31-2008, 10:20 AM
DH and i are big coffee drinkers. in fact, we met while working at the HQ of a coffee company up here 11 years ago (off topic, i know).

anywho, the coffee in disney world is NOT good. the latte place that is a kiosk in Epcot in future world is terrible. don't waste the $$. just get a cup of nescafe and be done with it.

i don't really drink soda but i find myself getting more diet cokes when i'm there b/c i don't like the coffee. and that's saying alot, coming from me!

MOJoe
04-01-2008, 02:33 PM

In the lobby of the Dolphin and downstairs at Peekabu they serve brewed Starbuck coffee. But there is not a Starbucks per se. The coffee is served out of a canister, not made to order. Even so, it beats the instant stuff by a mile.