PDA

View Full Version : Have AKV changed the feel of AKL?

jgt
03-29-2008, 08:39 AM
We love AKL and are thinking of a fall trip. Just wondering if the construction of the AKVs has changed the feel of AKL? Thanks for your reply. Gayl

Tinkerfreak
03-29-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm not sure if it changed the feel of the resort but it changed how we feel about staying there. We used to love to stay in a deluxe concierge room because the rooms were a bit bigger and the concierge lounge was so nice and convenient. We love just popping in on our way to and from the parks for a quick breakfast, snack, cool drink and in the evening a drink. Now that they have moved all of the regular concierge rooms down on the lower floors it is not so convenient to get to and we hate it. Our last concierge stay we hardly used the lounge because it was so out of our way. We still love the overall ambiance of the resort and the animals are great but we love it a little less now that they have taken away the deluxe rooms for DVC.

KineGirl
03-29-2008, 11:52 AM
When we were there 2 years ago there was alot of construction going on the upper floors & new bldg but we never saw or heard it. :thumbsup:

ThanxForNoticin
03-31-2008, 12:18 PM
Other than the concierge situation (posted above), I don't think you'll notice any real difference in the feel or the service of AKL. I would never hesitate to stay there, either at the regular lodge or the villas.