PDA

View Full Version : trip paid and free dining

dopeydawnie
03-29-2008, 08:19 AM
I was wondering if I can somehow still get free dining(if it comes out, and it is during our stay) if I have already paid for my trip and the dining plan. We have been saving for two years to go back so we paid everything off. I am afraid now that I should have waited. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Strmchsr
03-29-2008, 08:45 AM
Yes, you can still change your reservation. If you're able, contact Magical Journeys. If they are able to switch your reservation to them then when the fall discount is released (free dining or whatever it is) they can adjust your reservation and make sure you get back whatever balance you are owed.

TheRustyScupper
03-29-2008, 09:42 AM
1) Even with a paid ressie, you can get free dining.
2) However, it might actually cost you additional money.
3) Free dining has rooms at rack rate.
4) If your current package has a discounted room, you might be upside down.

NOTE: With paying rack rate for free dining, Value resorts are a bargain. With Mods and Deluxes, you have to do the math. Sometimes the "free" dining actually is more than not having it.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-29-2008, 10:26 AM
We had already paid for our trips in 2005 & 2006 when free dining came out.

In 2005, I had to call Disney a gazillion times before I found the "right" code that would let me rebook at a lower rate with the free dining.

In 2006, I booked with Magical Journeys, and they switched my reservation, and again I saved money.

Both times, I got a refund from Disney, back to the credit card I used to pay for the package.