PDA

View Full Version : Pop Pool

cwarner
03-29-2008, 02:00 AM
Hey guys

My question is about the pool at POP. I am wanting my sis to enjoy the pool with myself and my neice but she is totally against wearing a bathing suit. Does anyone know if you HAVE to wear a bathing suit or could you just wear a pair of shorts and t-shirt?

Thanks in advance

disneydeb
03-29-2008, 05:31 AM
I think it would be OK as long as the shorts are not cut off denim. That may fray and clog th e filter. Other places have rules about not wearing cut off denim.

MoFrazier05
03-29-2008, 08:44 AM
If your Sis doesn't want to wear a swim suit, there are other options. She could get a "Board Suit", which is a one-piece that has shorts that reach just above the knee (like surfers) or get a Tankini top with a pair of shorts and wear a sarong wrong over it. Hope you n-joy your trip!

tinklover
03-29-2008, 09:50 AM
if she is self conscious about wearing a suit I don't see why they would not allow her to wear short sin teh pool men do right? like other posters have said as long as they are not cut offs. I use dto be a life guard and the strings do clog the filters to teh point of having to close down a pool and what not but she can try maybe a swim suit with a t shirt and a pair of board shorts( surfer shorts). that way once her shirt is wet no matter what color it is still a family experience and not a wet tshirt contest if you get my drift. have a fun and magical trip.

momof3+twins
03-30-2008, 03:18 PM
I don't know if you have a Kohls by you but they have a lot of great suits that cover well. I hate swim suits also but I am afraid she may look sillier to wear shorts and t shirt. Tell her to look for the suits with skirts or shorts with them. And I always wear a t-shirt over my suit to keep from burning.
Tell her that it will mean so much to her daughter if she swims with her. My mom never put on a swim suit. So, I never got to swim with her. I know that it is important to have your Mom do fun things with you so I just look fat and get in the pool with the kids.

Young@Heart
03-30-2008, 03:34 PM
I'm not a big fan of swimsuits, but we do a lot of swimming all year 'round (at the gym), so I make sure I find something I feel comfortable wearing in front of lots of people. Fasion Bug stores (and online) have great "swim dresses" for those of us who don't want to wear a skimpy suit. :blush: Maybe your sis could find one of these that she likes?