PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Opinion on Chefs de France?

Davyjones
03-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Hey gang,

My wife and I made reservations at Chefs de France for our upcoming trip. There was nothing available at the restaurants of our choice, and Chefs de France sounded like a good option of those available. So, can anyone tell me what they thought of it? If it's bad, I will cancel that one and find another one - which of course I will ask you all about again. :)

Let me know if you think it is worth it. Thanks! :mickey:

Kidsmom
03-28-2008, 09:21 PM
You will get mixed reviews on this site for sure. We love it! I think most do, some have bad experiences, but I think if you go more than once, I am sure they will have had at least one good time.

Not the best French food ever....but for a Disney restaurant....awesome! Bisque, escargot (Sp?), pate, and desserts I would write home about....great place for kids to widen their horizons and the relaxing atmosphere for us and 4 kids under 10.

Give it a try...or try the Bistro, if you want more relaxation. You can order from the same menu if you want (just ask). It is upstairs and a little more romantic (although we took our kids there and they put us at a great table away from everyone)

Have a great trip!!

baby minnie's mommy
03-28-2008, 09:27 PM
We really like it! First time we had excellent, impressive service. Second time we ate right after it opened for the night, so the servers were very busy trying to feed everyone at once.

The food is great there. I enjoy getting a glass of wine and the cheese sampler for an appetizer. The dessert sampler is wonderful if they still have that - DH and I shared it and ate every bite!

KineGirl
03-28-2008, 09:40 PM
We love it! We like the goat cheese & escargot appetizers. My DH always enjoys their tenderloin. The servers are usually wonderful and the wine list is one of the best in the World! My only complaint is that I always feel abit more crowded than in (some of the) other restaurants. We usually hit this restaurant every 2-3 years.

Natazu
03-28-2008, 09:51 PM
It's like a really pretty Cracker Barrel with a French menu.

gardenia
03-28-2008, 09:51 PM
The food is really quite good and I love the atmosphere, but our last visit was not ideal. The waiter was extremely FRENCH - not nice at all. I ordered a glass of wine and it was awful, so after one sip I sent it back. I mean, it was vinegar! I was surprised to be charged for it. Oh well. I paid up, but for our upcoming trip, I did not make any ADRs there.

VAdizneefan
03-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Another vote for Chefs. We love it and actually ate there twice on our trip last May. Ate there again in November. It's a little loud in there but the food is excellent.:cloud9:

mudpuppysmom
03-29-2008, 12:22 PM
I'll be a dissenter here.....it was nothing special in our eyes (3 adults and a 4 yr old were our party).

First we checked in for ADR early....we were the only people sitting outside and the manager approached me and asked if we had a ressie -- when I told him "yes 20 minutes ago" he apologized for the wait and looked to see where he could seat us right away. I also mentioned that it was DH's birthday and he said "I'll take care of it".....which if ignoring it was taking care of it, then he did his job, but nothing ever arrived at the table and I said to him I would pay for a special dessert if they would prepare it. Again, he said not to worry, he'd take care of it -- still nothing.

Upon sitting down we waited and waited and waited for our server to arrive -- another 10 minutes went by before she arrived and then asked if we were on the DDP....when we replied yes she said OK then let's get your order in all at once (I had read of this happening, but this was the ONLY time during our entire trip that it happened, but I was not surprised by it and so we did order everything at once -- a good thing though for kids to get their orders in first!).

Once our food arrived it was not what we had ordered and just placed on the table anyway. Our server came by once and asked if we needed anything which by that point I was ready to walk out. When the bill came she warmed up to DS and started talking to him -- the ONLY time she acknowledged his presence at the table, so it was a little too late for an extra tip from us, but she knew she was getting 18% anyway.

Would we go back, more than likely not for quite some time. DH was the one who wanted to go there and we did, but even he said he'll stick to the F&W festival booth for a while -- that is enough to satisfy his French food craving.

bruin1344
03-29-2008, 01:18 PM
food is ok, not worth the high price, i would use ddp on it if i need to use up table service

big blue and hairy
03-29-2008, 02:39 PM
It's like a really pretty Cracker Barrel with a French menu.
:huh:

Soooooooo....basically you're saying it's nothing like Cracker Barrel....

:sulley:

big blue and hairy
03-29-2008, 02:49 PM
DW and I both enjoy Chefs de France a lot. The food was very good and the service was also very good.

I was surprised to be charged for it. Oh well. I paid up, but for our upcoming trip, I did not make any ADRs there.:jaw:
Oh well?! Why didn't you say something? He could have just forgotten to take it off the bill. If he had I cetrainly would have reminded him and made sure it got removed.

Davyjones
03-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Wow. Such a wide range of opinions here. I'm halfway tempted to try to book a reservation at the Rose and Crown (which we have been to and liked a lot), but we wanted to try something we hadn't tried before.

:confused: I'm not sure what to do. :confused:

Natazu
03-29-2008, 05:34 PM
:huh:

Soooooooo....basically you're saying it's nothing like Cracker Barrel....

food quality is about the same

Mickey052501
03-29-2008, 06:32 PM
The food was great!!!! My DH an I really loved it. Have a great time there.

Davyjones
03-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the advice everybody! :mickey: I think my wife and I will keep our reservations there and hopefully we won't run into this:

"I hate to be rude, but we're French."
-Collette, Ratatouille
;)

DREAMADREAM93
03-30-2008, 01:49 PM
yes! DONT CANCEL YOUR RESSIES! We went and loved it (:

Though some of the reviews on service are spot on. It's pretty much luck of the draw in there. But if you get a good one, expect to have a wonderful experience!

big blue and hairy
03-30-2008, 04:19 PM
food quality is about the same

You must have really good Cracker Barrel, I'd say the food quality is closer to the food I had in France.

Natazu
03-30-2008, 04:35 PM
You must have really good Cracker Barrel, I'd say the food quality is closer to the food I had in France.

They have Cracker Barrels in France? They must be the rudest servers in the world.

big blue and hairy
03-30-2008, 06:22 PM
They have Cracker Barrels in France? They must be the rudest servers in the world.:funny:

Seriously though, every time we've dined at Le Chefs de France the food and service have been very good.